|Genre||Arcade, Platformer (Single Screen)|
|Gamemode||Single player |
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|7.33 points at 21 votes (rank 233).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||6||06th January 2013 - "Good" - 4245|
|Lemon64||7,8||06th January 2013 - Good|
In a research facility for gene technology chaos has broken out! Some creatures have escaped from the laboratory and try to destroy the facility. Dangerous creatures as Pac Man, Astro Bill and Killing Willy try to give you a hard time and prevail in the research facility. You have to beware of defensive missiles and flying robots which keep you from fulfilling your mission.
Your task is to steer a humanly looking android and short-out the fuses in every room, so the creatures get banned into hyperspace, where they cannot do any harm. For this you need to avoid the creatures cleverly and map out the exact way to the fuse systems to leave the room on time.
The game is designed in 2-D screens and happens on a platform. An interesting melody accompanies you through the whole game. An unusual sound option in the main menue is the "filter level" with which you can change the wave shape of the bass voice.
There are 32 levles, which can each be picked in the main menue.
In the main menue there are 4 setting options.
- DEMO - Test game is shown
- HIGH SCORES - Scores
- START AT LEVEL …. - Choose level (1-32)
- FILTER LEVEL - Sound settings
In this game you need to deal skillfully with different enemies and plan your way to the end logically.
Course of the game
At the beginning of every level you start at the "IN" field. You have to try to deactivate all fuses, and when you made it you go to the "OUT" field to get to the next level.
- Joystick left: character moves left
- Joystick right: character moves right
- Joystick up: climb up (e.g ropes or ladders)
- Joystick down: climb down (e.g ropes or ladders)
- Fire button: jump or jump onto a rope
- As it depends on speed, -the power display shrinks steadily- you should partially jump instead of run on straight passages, especially on conveyor belts with contrary direction of rotation. Also on long in- and outfading bridges jumps are recommended.
- On in- and outfading bridges over short distances (level 9), on the other hand, you should for the purpose of precision rather walk than jump, so you don't land in the wrong place.
- Time is very short, so don't waste it. You should get an overview over each level by practicing, to get to know the way which leads quickest past all the fuses to the "OUT" field.
They are not really necessary as you can pick every level in the main menue. Trainer versions (unlimited "MEN", unlimited "POWER") are available on the common platforms, see links.
TheRyk: "Very nice platform game. Graphics may be rather simple, but this is outweighed by the extremely long and diversified sound and above all by the fun you have while thinking each level through and completing it by fighting against time. Great game, which you can stick on for quite a while, before you made all the levels. I rate it 8 points out of 10."
Robotron2084: "A textbook example of an unimaginative off-the-peg platformer with only few game elements and virtually zero innovation. For a time where titles as Wizard, Goonies or Bounty Bob Strikes Back! were already available Madness was not really exhilarating. Chris Hülsbeck chips in pleasingly tootling. 5 out of 10 points."
- Werner - 12.371 (17.04.2012)
- Camailleon - 11.566 (05.03.2011)
- TheRyk - 6.004 (17.07.2008)
- C64Games.de - Game No. 1277
- Lemon64 - Game No. 1568
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 4515
- Test Report No. 2354 on Kultboy.com