Bruce Lee II
|Bruce Lee II|
|Voting||5.00 points, 1 votes|
|Developer||Jonas Hultén, Carl Mason (Graphics), (PC version: Bruno R. Marcos)|
|Platform||C64, PC, Amstrad CPC|
|Genre||Arcade, Beat'em Up|
|Gamemode||Single player |
|Information||Fan Project, inofficial follower|
Prequel: Bruce Lee (1984)
Inofficial follower: Bruce Lee - Return of Fury (2019)
Description[edit | edit source]
Around 30 years after the publishing of the Kung-Fu action game Bruce Lee, a few programmers developed an unofficial follow-up called Bruce Lee II as a fan project.
In April 2014, a conversion of Bruno's Bruce Lee II for the C64 was started by by Jonas Hultén. The C64 version was finished around a year later. It exists in several versions. The first release has the version number V.18. All other following releases have the version number V.19. The V.19 releases fixed bugs and other problems.
Bruce's sister has been kidnapped by the evil sorcerer, Tao-Bao, and imprisoned in his massive palace. As Bruce infiltrates the large fortress, he will encounter numerous traps while constantly being targeted by Tao-Bao's henchmen.
In order to proceed deeper into Tao-Bao's lair, Bruce must collect lanterns and pull switches to open doors. Bruce can run, jump, climb, fight with punches and flying kicks, and swim to make his way through the numerous hazards and opponents that block his path.
Design[edit | edit source]
The action game Bruce Lee II features multicoloured 2D-graphics, and single screens that switch when crossing the screen borders.
Hints[edit | edit source]
Menu[edit | edit source]
In the game title is this option menu:
- Begin Game - starts the game
- Difficulty Original* / Easy - chooses difficulty level easy or normal
- Infinite Lives No* / Yes - unlimited lives cheat on or off
- Exit - leave the game to BASIC
- * standard selection
Controls[edit | edit source]
- left = walk to the left
- right = walk to the right
- down = lie flat on the floor or climb downward
- up = duck or climb upward
- up + left = jump to the left
- up + right = jump to the right
- fire button while standing still = punch in the direction of sight
- / fire button while running = kick in the running direction
- = jump or climb upward
- = walk to the left
- = walk to the right
- = duck or climb downward
- + = jump to the left
- + = jump to the right
- = punch in the direction of sight
- + = kick to the left
- + = kick to the right
- = game pause or resumee
- = in pause mode: quit the game
Solution[edit | edit source]
- You start with 5 lives (falls) on normal difficulty, and 10 on easy. You can get more by collecting Yin/Yang symbols.
- You have to collect the lamps (lanterns or lampiongs) to progress.
- When collecting the lamps, ladders and platforms can appear, and gates and trapdoors can open, but obstacles and traps can also appear.
- There are many traps (swords, bombs, barrier, laser, etc.) to kill you, and four randomly appearing opponents: Dan, Kareem, Chuck, and the ninja from the first game. If any are killed with kicks and punches, they will reappear after a short time.
- You do not lose a life immediately from taking hits in combat.
- Opponents can also be killed by the traps. However, then there are no points.
- Traps are immediately fatal, attacks from your opponents are not.
- The game is finished if you reach the goal screen with Bruce's sister.
Cheats[edit | edit source]
The C64 conversion has an option for infinite lives integrated.
Voting[edit | edit source]
|Voting of the C64-Wiki-User (10=the best vote):|
|5.00 points at 1 vote.|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||6||16.12.2022 - "text-note" 4.468 downloads|
|Ready64||8.67||16.12.2022 - 6 votes|
Reviews[edit | edit source]
Jodigi: "Another very nice Bruce Lee action game..."
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
Highscore[edit | edit source]
There is no score and no high score list.
Links[edit | edit source]
- Official Website
- C64Games.de - Game No. 6870
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 26004
- ready64 - Game No. 5388
- Forum64.de: "C64 Portierung von Bruce Lee 2"
- MobyGames.com (PC-Version; 2013)
Videos[edit | edit source]
- Video at YouTube (Longplay)
- Video at YouTube (Longplay)
- Video at YouTube (Walkthrough)
- Video at YouTube (New Retro #8, comparison of Bruce Lee, Bruce Lee II and "Bruce Lee - Return of Fury")