Bruce Lee - Return of Fury
|Bruce Lee - Return of Fury|
|Voting||8.13 points, 8 votes|
|Developer||Megastyle: Vidar "dmx" Bang, Rune "Sparkler" Spaans, Anders "Rage" Rodahl, Kåre "Docster" Johansen, Roy "Rotteroy" Widding, Chris "Microbit", Stanley Rotteroy, Tom Roger "SLC" Skauen of Pond Software, Paul Hughes|
|Musician||Vidar "dmx" Bang|
|Platform||C64, PC, Amstrad CPC|
|Genre||Arcade, Beat'em Up|
|Gamemode||Single player |
up to 3 players (in turns)
up to 3 players (simultaneous)
|Information||Fan Project, inofficial follower|
Description[edit | edit source]
The game sequel Bruce Lee - Return Of Fury is based on the 35-year-old original Bruce Lee game by Datasoft from 1984. The game features of the classic game were taken over and integrated into a new game world by the Megastyle group as part of a Fan Project. Bruce Lee's old arch-enemies, the sumo wrestler Yamo and the ninja, are also back and constantly hinder Bruce Lee from successfully completing his mission.
Bruce Lee - Return Of Fury can be played with up to 3 players simultaneously using Protovision's 4 player joystick adapter. The game has been released as a disk and cartridge version as a free download in early March 2019, and can also be played in the C64-emulator.
Welcome to BRUCE LEE - RETURN OF FURY. 35 years later, the Conqueror has rebuilt his Forbidden World. The enemies have also reassembled and are coming back stronger than ever. There is no way out of not accepting this challenge. "Be like water, my friend, and you will conquer". The legend is back - the adventure continues...
Design[edit | edit source]
The game graphics are not that colorful, but appealingly designed. There are slight animations, for example in traps. The sprites are animated smoothly.
Snappy music in the loading screen, which is ingeniously designed, and title screen, as well as in demo mode. After the game starts, there are only sounds while running, climbing and fighting
The line above the game screen indicates (from left to right): The current score of the current player, the current top score achieved, and the number of lives (Falls).
Hints[edit | edit source]
- Game start
- = Game start.
- / = Choice of player character (with 2 players or more) and game mode (normal or hard).
- = Bruce Lee in yellow overall or free torso (pink).
- left = run to the left
- right = run to the right
- down = lie flat on the floor or climb downward
- up = jump or climb upward.
- up + left = jump to the left
- up + right = jump to the right
- fire button while standing still = punch
- / fire by runing = Kick to runing direction.
- : Pause on/off.
- : Back to title screen.
- : Extra info line appears.
- Game modes
- 1 player: You are Bruce and fight against Yamo and Ninja.
- 2 players against each other: one player is Bruce, the other is Yamo or the Ninja.
- 3 players against each other: one player is Bruce, the other is Yamo, the third is the Ninja. With a 4-player adapter, all characters can be controlled simultaneously.
- Note: If the characters are chosen inappropriately, the game will not start! Bruce Lee must always be controlled by the joystick!
- NORMAL - 3x game continue (Continues), normal game mode.
- HARD - Faster opponents and no game continuation after the end of the game (Game Over).
- You have 5 lives (falls).
- You have to collect 90 lamps or laternes.
- When collecting the lamps, ladders and platforms can appear, gates and trapdoors can be opened, but also obstacles and traps appear.
- There are many traps (swords, bombs, barrier, laser, etc.) to die, and the two randomly appearing opponents: the ninja and the sumo wrestler. If both are killed with three successful combat kicks, reappear after a short time.
- You do not lose a life immediately in every fight.
- Opponents can also be killed by the traps. However, then there are no points.
- Traps are immediately fatal, crashes are not.
- Every laterne: 125 points
- New screen: 2.000 points
- Each fight: 100 points
- Combatted enemy: 300 points
Solution[edit | edit source]
As surely the ancient dignified Confucius said, "Practice makes perfect!" - "Zhù nǐ hǎoyùn" (Good luck!).
Cheats[edit | edit source]
Voting[edit | edit source]
|Voting of the C64-Wiki-User (10=the best vote):|
|8.13 points at 8 votes (rank 80).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||7||20. April 2019 - 7 von 10 Punkten - 23 downs|
|CSDb||10||29. April 2019 - 10 von 10 Punkten - 23 votes - 994 downs|
Reviews[edit | edit source]
Jodigi: "The first game impression is very good. Some screens require a bit of thought to pass..."
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
Cover[edit | edit source]
Versions[edit | edit source]
Also in the same year from the same group the "Bruce Lee - Duology" was published, which unites the two games Bruce Lee and Bruce Lee - Return of Fury as a .D64 and cartridge image.
. Here you can select title menu the following games:
- Return of Fury+ (version with trainer).
- ROF+ (Tix Sprites) - with modified sprites
- Bruce Classic 3P (the original game was extended to up to 3 players simultaneously)
Furthermore in the same year the group Excess released the "Bruce Lee - Triology" as an EasyFlash image, which even includes the unofficial sequel Bruce Lee II. All games have been supplemented with trainer. Here one can select title menu the following games and/or program points:
- Bruce Lee +2
- Bruce Lee II +1
- Return of Fury +2
- Instructions - For all games you can read a digital game instruction in English.
Highscore[edit | edit source]
- Ivanpaduano - 999999+ - Normal (25.05.2019)
- PAT - 69040 - Normal (11.05.2019)
- Keule - 16.705 - Normal (19.12.2021)
- Jodigi - 13878 - 1 (02.03.2019)
- Sledgie - 10676 - 1 (02.03.2019)
Links[edit | edit source]
- Official, free download
- C64Games.de - Game No. 7369
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 27582
- The story of making of "Bruce Lee - Return of Fury" at rebelandroid.com
- Thread: Bruce Lee - Return of Fury on Forum64.de
- Bruce Lee - Duology (Bruce Lee + "Bruce Lee - Return of Fury")
- Bruce Lee - Triology
Videos[edit | edit source]
- Video at YouTube
- Video at YouTube Longplay
- Video at YouTube Walktrough
- Video at YouTube Bruce Lee Duology
- Video at YouTube Bruce Lee Triology