|Data Connector:||44-pin Expansion Port|
The cartridge EasyFlash is connected to the expansion port of the C64. It has 1 MiB of flash-ROM, which can be programmed with a collection emulation-files of the ".crt" type. Writing the cartridge images into the flash-ROM of the EasyFlash can be done directly from the C64 with the software EasyProg.
- Single CRT-files can run as an original cartridge by starting up the C64 without selection in the start menu.
- Several 8/16 KiB large cartridges or Ultimax-cartridges can be compiled with EasyCrtMaker and started over an own start menu.
- CRT files of Ocean cartridges, as e.g. Shadow of the Beast, Terminator 2, Navy Seals, can be run from the cartridge.
- Larger cartridges are asl compatible by the use of patches for bankswitching.
- Own software can be developed for the cartridge.
- The cartridge can be emulated in VICE.
- It has a large 8 KiB SRAM module of which only 256 Bytes ( IO area $DF00-$DFFF ...) are available.
- EasyProg: to program the flash-ROMs. Writes image files of cartridges (CRTs), with EasySplit divided files as well as xbank files.
- EasySplit: for spliting a 1 MiB big file into smaller files for real 1541-disks, needed if you don't have an SD2IEC device.
- EasyCrtMaker , to create collections — at the moment a terminal and PHP is needed, but a version with GUI is planned. "Normal" cartridges, an Ocean-type-1 cartridge and xbank cartridges as well as single file programs are supported.
- With EasyLoader you can choose and start a program for collections. It is contained in the EasyCrtMaker.
- Disk2EasyFlash to write D64/M2I image files into the flash memory. The program is at the moment still very limited.
- EasyFlash Multicart Creator (DCM) - Supported programs, normal cartridges (4KiB, 8KiB, 16KiB, Ultimax) and multibank cartridges (Ocean Typ 1 and Alex's xbank-Format). Java 1.6 requiered.
- Official website with manuals, infos and an imperfect list of compatibility
- EasyFlash Download software and documentation (at Bitbucket)
- EasyFlash Download software and documentation (at Sourceforge)
- EasyFlash Download software and documentation (Mirror at berliOS)
- Manual for EasyProg writing into the Flash-ROM
- Reference source of assembly kit: Sinchai-Shop
- Logical Plan (PDF)
- Discussion the hardware developer forum64.de
- Introduction into programmming
- EasyFlash-Releases at CSDb