Gold Quest 2007
|Gold Quest 2007|
|Developer||Sledgie, Richard Bayliss|
|Publisher||INFERIOR Products Bonn (IPB)|
|Gamemode||Single player |
2 players (simultaneous)
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|5.92 points at 13 votes (rank 637).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||7||25th August 2009 - "very good" 267 downs|
|CSDb||4||25th August 2009 - 339 downloads and 2 votes|
Gold Quest 2007 is the edited version of Gold Quest, which was issued for the first time in 2005 as the first out of three games of the saga. You play a green dwarf named Sledgie. He looks for gold and diamonds in the land of the red and black dwarves. For 10.000 points he receives a bonus live (maximum 7 lives). Every gold bar counts 1.000 points and every diamond 2.500 points. The goal of the game is to find the secret Score Room and make a screenshot of it. To get to this room Sledgie has to cross three levels. The first level takes place in the land of the red dwarves. From there he enters the fortress of the black dwarves. The third level takes places in the land of the golden bug and larvae. At the end of each level Sledige is expected by an end boss.
According to recent information there is supposed to be a bonus level. At the end of this level lives the evil three-headed king of dwarves.
|... animation from the first levell ...||... endboss of the first level ...|
|... treasure chamber from the 2nd level ...||... endboss of the 2nd level ...|
|... the score room ...||... endboss of the bonus level...|
The background graphics and the design of the gold chests were adopted from Gold Quest III. The bonus level was expanded.
- Dave" and "Sledgie" follow the joystick movements, when pressing fire they shoot into the moving direction.
- "Dave" (blue) starts with 3 lives, "Sledgie" (green) starts with 5 lives. At the start of the game you need to choose by pressing the fire button on joystick 1 or 2.
- Shots can also pervade walls.
- Intermediate bosses do not necessarily need to be defeated, you can also go around them.
- Unfortunately, there is no highscore list, end evaluation or proper ending in this game.
- Gold Quest can also be played twosome. But you have to pay attention so one player doesn't walk upwards to fast, otherwise the other player can get into a dead end. In that case only a restart can help. In this version good teamwork is essential. The green player already has 7 lives and doesn't get more when reaching 10.000 points. The blue player should raise the number of his three lives as fast as possible. Until now I couldn't make it to reach the Score Room together...
- As in every S.E.U.C.K. game with push-up scrolling the same goes for this game:
- if necessary only go forwards step by step
- with this the enemies appear possibly only one after the other and not at the same time
- do not shoot all the enemies, but also only avoid some
- the enemies always react the same at the same point in the game
Richard Bayliss told us how this works:
- Load the game, but don't RUN.
- Home the cursor and enter GLASS as the first 4 chars.
- Now leave enough space and enter RUN. The game will
- first decrunch and then you'll be presented with a message
- informing you that the cheat mode has been activated.
FXXS: "Sometimes a bit notchy and seldom a bit mean, but anyway nice for in between. Unfortunately no Highscore list, but 7 points are in it."
H.T.W: "Not bad for a SEUCK game. But as already mentioned, a highscore list is obligatory for a shooter."
Cover of the collection Gold Quest - Trilogy of the dwarfs with all three parts of the Gold Quest - saga (incl. bilingual instructions).
- FXXS - 172.050 - green (13.11.2013)
- Werner - 160.710 - green (26.03.2007)
- Sledgie - 136.030 - "1" green (22.07.2007)
Scores with the blue man Dave count more than the ones with the green man Sledgie. Explanation: the blue man starts with only 3 lives, the green with 7 lives.