|Developer||Sledgie, Richard Bayliss|
|Gamemode||Single player |
2 players (simultaneous)
|Information||Created with SEUCK|
Gold Quest - Trilogy of the dwarfs (Collection)
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|5.73 points at 15 votes (rank 679).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||5||25th August 2009 - "satisfactory" 343 downs|
|CSDb||6||25th August 2009 - 293 downloads with 2 votes|
In Gold Quest you play a green dwarf named Sledgie. He looks for gold and diamonds in the land of the red and black dwarves. For 10.000 points he receives a bonus live (maximum 7 lives). Every gold bar counts 1.000 points and every diamond 2.500 points. The goal of the game is to find the secret Score Room and make a screenshot of it. To get to this room Sledgie has to cross three levels. The first level takes place in the land of the red dwarves. From there he enters the fortress of the black dwarves. The third level takes places in the land of the golden bug and larvae. At the end of each level Sledige is expected by an end boss.
According to recent information there is supposed to be a bonus level. At the end of this level lives the evil three-headed king of dwarves.
- "Dave" and "Sledgie" follow the joystick movements, when pressing fire they shoot into the moving direction.
- "Dave" (blue) starts with 3 lives, "Sledgie" (green) starts with 7 lives. At the start of the game you need to choose by pressing the fire button on joystick 1 or 2.
- Shots can also pervade walls.
- Intermediate bosses do not necessarily need to be defeated, you can also go around them.
- Unfortunately there is no highscore list, final evaluation or a proper ending in this game.
- Gold Quest can also be played twosome. But you have to pay attention so one player doesn't walk upwards to fast, otherwise the other player can get into a dead end. In that case only a restart can help. In this version good teamwork is essential. The green player already has 7 lives and doesn't get more when reaching 10.000 points. The blue player should raise the number of his three lives as fast as possible. Until now I couldn't make it to reach the Score Room together...
Meanwhile there is a version of Gold Quest with 6 trainers:
If required, you can get this version here: FTP:Gold_Quest.TND+6.MHI.zip
With this version it is possible to walk through the game in the wink of an eye with an immortal, invulnerable and pervading Sledige. About the sense of this should not be pondered.
- As in every S.E.U.C.K. game with push-up scrolling the same goes for this game:
- If necessary only go forwards step by step
- With this the enemies appear possibly only one after the other and not at the same time
- Do not shoot all the enemies, but also only avoid some
- The enemies always react the same at the same point in the game
Sledgie: "As developer of this game I certainly know all the tricks. However, it is again and again fun to play oneself in a small copy".
TheKills: "Nice but also mean, when the enemies appear just where you want to walk on ;)"
- On 06.02.2006 the article S.E.U.C.K - Making of: Gold Quest was published in the CeVi-aktuell # 02/2006 (www.c64-mags.de/cevi-aktuell/) . Sledgie talks about the history of origin of the game and at the end there is a small riddle to solve...
- Sequel: If you want to know how the story continues, you should play the sequel Gold Quest II. The plot is carried forward into the realm of the dead and even into the body of the dead king of dwarves...
Cover of the collection Gold Quest - Trilogy of the dwarfs with all three parts of the Gold Quest - saga (incl. bilingual instructions).
- Pohli - 130.530 - "blue" (17.02.2006)
- Sledgie - 115.940 - "blue" (06.01.2006)
- Stefan Egger - 114.230 - "blue" (18.04.2006)
- Pohli - 126.040 - "green" (02.01.2006)
Scores with the blue man Dave count more than the ones with the green man Sledgie. Explanation: the blue man starts with only 3 lives, the green with 7 lives.
- C64Games.de - Game No. 4311
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 18950
- CSDb - Release Nr. 25964
- TND - C64 Contributor's Page - Letter G
- Pokefinder.Org - other versions of Gold Quest