|Platform||C64, Amiga, PC|
|Genre||Game Construction Kit|
|Operation||Single player , , |
, Single player
2 players (simultaneous)
S.E.U.C.K (short for Shoot 'Em Up Construction Kit) or SEUCK is a utility/application that can help people create their own shoot 'em up games, but with limitations. The editor allowed people to design their own players, enemies, sounds and also front end text. The players could even design the vertical scrolling maps and also create their own enemy attack waves and save a standalone game on to disk or tape.
- 1 Coding
- 2 Cheats
- 3 Solution
- 4 Miscellaneous
- 5 Highscore
- 6 Links
- 7 Remark
S.E.U.C.K. had many options, which includes:
- EDIT SPRITES: Draw your own players, enemies, bullets etc with a limited selection of options.
- EDIT OBJECTS: Insert sprites and edit the functions and animations of the players, bullets, enemies and deaths
- EDIT BACKGROUND: Design your own background for your levels
- EDIT SFX: Make your own sounds
- EDIT PLAYER LIMITATIONS: Update the types of functions, lives, and limited areas for for the players
- EDIT ATTACK WAVES: Get those enemies active and ready to get mean
- EDIT LEVELS: Set the type of levels you would like and set the start and finish positions of those particular levels.
- EDIT FRONT END: Update the front end character set, score sprites and make your own front end with either plain text or your own quick + easy designs.
- TEST GAME: Play the game!
- STORAGE: Load and save of data!
A finished, self-running game can manpulated by using a reset.
- SEUCK game load and run.
- Make a reset.
POKE 19308,173for unlimited lives (player 1).
POKE 20092,173(player 2).
POKE16550, xspeed for player 1 ("8" for fast, "0" for low).
POKE 16569, xfor player 2.
POKE 16575,255: POKE 16556,255no sprite background collosion.
POKE 16964,1runs the SEUCK editor by pushing the in a running SEUCK game.
SYS 16595restart this SEUCK game.
SYS 24576runs the SEUCK editor.
In 2008 Jon Wells enhanced SEUCK for horizontal scrolling, that is called "Sideways SEUCK".
If you are a good programmer, you can enhanced SEUCK with extra music or a modify lead (front end). Also you can endhanced your game with extra wappons.
Music with "Seuckbuster"
Tools for SEUCK
- With cross development is it easy to create with a Windows PC sprites, chars, graphics and backgrounds. The programs "SpritePad" and "CharPad" by Subchrist Software can loading and saving in SEUCK format.
- "Secret of Seuckcess" disk contains listings for cracking and adding own highscore listings in SEUCK.
- "Commodore Disk User" disk (issue March 1991): "SEUCK with Music" and "SEUCK Extension"
- PDF "Shoot-Em-Up_Construction_Kit_(Outlaw)_Manual_+_Articles" at C64Games.de or Seuck-Vault
Die mitgelieferten Spiele
The orginal SEUCK includes four SEUCK games for demonstration:
Overview of good SEUCK games
Here are shown a few very good SEUCK games from the genres classical shooter, commando clones, action adevtures, logical, sport, pseudo 3D and enhanced games.
TNDs Seuck Competitions
Since a few years Richard Bayliss runs regulary compentitions for SEUCK programmers. Here are a few winners:
- Sideways-Compo 2010: http://tnd64.unikat.sk/Seuck_Compo_2010.html
- Vertical-Compo 2010: http://tnd64.unikat.sk/Vertical_Seuck_Compo_2010.html
- Sideways-Compo 2011: http://tnd64.unikat.sk/Sideways_Seuck_Compo_2011.html
- All-Seuck-Compo 2013: http://www.tnd64.unikat.sk/Seuck_Compo_2013.html
- The first idea for SEUCK was a "sprite machine".
- Jonathan Hare (Sensible Software): The bonus sequence in Wizball was developed with SEUCK. Curios is, that this sequence scrolls horizontal.
- C64Games.de - Game No. 2967 incl. "In-Depth"-PDF under "Manuals"
- C64Games.de - Game No. 3040
- C64Games.de - Game No. 5189 Sideways Seuck (v22.05.2008)
- Lemon64 - Game No. 2303
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 6784
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 15272
- THE SEUCK VAULT
- THE SEUCK VAULT TIPS "In-Depth" article & tools
- JON WELLS SIDEWAYS SEUCK (v22.05.2008)
- Seuckbuster by Richard Bayliss at seuck.retrogaming64.com
- PC-SEUCK at seuck.glbasic.com
- Cover pictures at sfodb.com
- Gamebase64 SEUCK games
- SEUCK games at mobygames.com
- Video at YouTube "How to add music" in SEUCK games
- Test Report No. 1693 on Kultboy.com
- TheLegacy entry no.5632