|Developer||Andrew Parton, Mark Jones|
|Publisher||Hewson Consultants Ltd|
|Platform||C64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Amiga|
|Gamemode||Single player |
|Information||* Commodore Format 1992/05 Issue #20|
|Voting of the C64-Wiki-User (10=the best vote):|
|6.86 points at 7 votes (rank 371).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||?||20. Juni 2006 - "sehr gut" - 2989 downs|
|Lemon64||7,2||9. April 2004 - 66 votes|
|Gamebase64||10||Mai 2005 - "Classic!"|
Maze Mania is a nice 3D multicolor fantastic labyrinth game, that plays in the future and on an unknown universum. The player plays with the hero Flippo, who live in the 27. century and is arrested in this labyrinth. Your job to leave this labyrinth is:
- The objective is to change all the floor tiles
- Tiles change colour as you walk over them. The colours are different on different levels
- Most tiles change when you walk over them and stay changed
- Some change each time you walk over them
- Some change only when you walk on them from a particular direction
- The levels are the same each time although a random selection of tiles are removed. You lose a life if you fall in to the space. Some tiles when removed make it seem impossible to complete the level unless you know about jumping around the corner
- Once all of the tiles have been changed, the screen flashes and a sound plays to indicate that the exit has appeared somewhere on the level
But some aliens, who are arrested Flippo in this maze, are hinder your quest. You can't fire, but avoiding or jumping over the alies and also over dangerous wholes in the ground.
The multicolor maze is in the middle of the screen and is scrolled by leaving the screen. In the gamefield you see the actual level, the score and your lives and also a power line. If the power is empty you lost a live. The background music and the sound effects are also good for this kind of game.
- The game is loading with a speeder from tape or from disk with:
- Controlling by keyboard or joystick in port 2:
- Your character might be in any position on the tile. Depending on when you press fire to do a running jump you might change the tile when you land and you might not. You need to land such that your character has to walk a bit after landing to reach the centre of the tile.
- If you hit an icons, you can start a bonus level after finishing the actual level.
- Levelcodes (not tested):
- Level 01 - NONE
- Level 05 - HARLECH
- Level 09 - JUPITER
- Level 13 - STAYPUFT
- Unlimited Live:
Jodigi: "A very nice and difficult 3D maze game with fantastic sound".
H.T.W: "Von dieser Sorte Spiel gibt es bessere Varianten, denn auch in höheren Level ändert sich außer der Anzahl der "Aliens" nicht viel. Im Originalspiel wird nicht mal die Highscoreliste gespeichert. Besser eine Partie Q*bert spielen!"
- H.T.W - 1.310 - 2 (21.07.2017)
- Nobody - 0 (dd.mm.yyyy)
- Empty - 0 (dd.mm.yyyy)
- C64Games.de - Game No. 3027
- Lemon64 - Game No. 3195
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 4677
- ready64 - Game No. 4942
- TheLegacy entry no.4831
- ZZap64 test report
- Test Report No. 4546 on Kultboy.com