|Developer||Bruce Carver, Roger Carver|
|Platform||Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari 800/XL/XE, Atari ST, C64, ZX Spectrum|
|Genre||3D, Sport, Golf|
|Gamemode||Single player |
up to 4 players (in turns)
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|8.11 points at 46 votes (rank 63).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||10||4th November 2007 - "Highlight" - 5421 downs|
|Lemon64||8,5||4th November 2007 - 127 votes|
|Kultboy.com||8,34||27th November 2009 - 21 votes|
|Happy Computer||81%||Edition 8/86|
"Leaderboard" is the first programme of the golf simulation series "Leaderboard" and was prized by Zzap (well-known games magazine at that time) with the "Gold Award". With "Leaderboard Tournament" an extension disk with 72 new courses was published in the same year. "Leaderboard Executive", the second programme of the "Leaderboard series", contains new landscape features as trees and bunkers. "World-Class-Leaderboard", is the last and probably the best programme of the golf simulation series with the courses Cypress Creek, Doral Country Club, St. Andrews, Gauntlet Country Club. With this also three additional course disks were released with each 72 courses. Special features are the course overview (top view), the punch shot, the printable score card and the course editor with which you can change existing courses. This golf simulation is still today worth playing.
Calculated multi-coloured 3D graphics, some sound effects (e.g. tee off), no background music. Up to 4 players can play 18, 36, 54 or 72 holes. There are 4 different golf courses.
- Joystick left/right: setting the direction of the stroke
- Fire: the length of holding corresponds to the strength of the stroke (power display)
- Fire: pressing for the second time carries out the stroke (watch the snap display!)
Levels of difficulty:
|Novice||easy||The wind has no influence on the stroke. The point of hitting is always central.|
|Amateur||medium||The wind has no influence on the stroke. The point of hitting is always variable.|
|Professional||difficult||The wind influences the stroke. The point of hitting is always variable.|
Table of ranges:
|Club||minimum [Yards]||maximum [Yards]|
|PW - Pitching Wedge||11||83|
|Putter||1 Inch||64 Feet|
|Course 1||Course 2||Course 3||Course 4|
- Always check your club - make sure that the desired club is also shown in the display. When adjusting the direction, it can happen that the choice of the club is unintentionally changed.
- If possible avoid hitting the ball onto the rim of the green. Greens are big and have distinctive up and down angles, so you will need 2 shots for a hole-in when the distance is too big. Attention: on the green you need to use the putter.
- When doing a shot over water, the distance needs to be estimated with special care. A shot with too little strength that lands in the water costs a penalty point.
Werner: "The best golf game for the C64".
Shakermaker303: "THE golf simulation for the C64 par excellence. 10/10 for this ever"green" :-)"
Borna: "At the beginning of the autumn holidays we loaded it and wondered. Then we played it tentatively. And hey presto - the autumn holidays were over."
- To load a golf course from the additional disk, insert the disk first and then press + in the title screen.
Bug: Robinson Crusoe
When the ball arrives close to the border of land and water, sometimes an additional small land is provided by the game, from which to perform your next stroke, without getting wet feet. Sometimes it is an island, which means actually the last ball went into the water! In some cases continuation of the game becomes impossible, because you are stuck on a yellow island. There's no club to reach the land. This bug is only applicable when you play in professional mode, having the bad luck the wind is blowing to the wrong direction...
- Michi - 60 - Strokes (28.11.2007)
- Werner - 61 - Strokes (26.11.2007)
- Nobody - 0 (dd.mm.yyyy)
- C64Games.de - Game No. 841 (Leaderboard incl. tournament courses)
- C64Games.de - Game No. 842 (Leaderboard Executive)
- C64Games.de - Game No. 1495 (World Class Leaderboard)
- C64Games.de - Game No. 2978 C64Games.de - Game No. 2979 C64Games.de - Game No. 2980
(World Class Leaderboard Famous Courses Vol. I-III)
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 4316 (Leaderboard incl. tournament courses)
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 4315 (Leaderboard Executive)
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 8703 (World Class Leaderboard incl. Famous Courses Vol. I-III)
- CSDb - Release No. 110007 (Leaderboard incl. tournament courses)
- CSDb - Release No. 110008 (Leaderboard Executive)
- CSDb - Release No. 110009 (World Class Leaderboard incl. Famous Courses Vol. I-III)
- Lemon64 - Game No. 1500 (Leaderboard)
- Lemon64 - Game No. 1501 (Leaderboard Executive)
- Lemon64 - Game No. 2889 (World Class Leaderboard)
- Test Report No. 897 on Kultboy.com ( Leaderboard)
- ZZap64 test report (Leaderboard)
- ZZap64 test report (Leaderboard Executive)
- ZZap64 test report (World Class Leaderboard)
- C64Games.de - Game No. 2947 (Leader Board Par 4 - Complete Leaderboard series. Here you also find a manual for the game. )
- CSDb - Release No. 110010 (Leaderboard Collection - Complete Leaderboard series for EasyFlash cartridge
- Video at YouTube (Executive)