|Company||Hewson Consultants Ltd.|
|Platform||C64, C64DTV, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad|
|Gamemode||Single player |
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|6.38 points at 13 votes (rank 587).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||7||3rd December 2012 - "very good" 2707 downs|
|Lemon64||6,6||3rd December 2012 - 50 votes|
|Ready64||6,43||10th January 2013 - 7 voti|
|Happy Computer||64%||Special 21|
As a heavily armed humanoid you need to slap through more than a hundred sections to repel the alien threat successfully. With your laser weapon you just clear obstacles. Stronger enemies are eliminated by a grenade.
As extras in higher levels there is an improved protective armour or a double laser weapon. Each section has a time limit. Crossing this leads compulsorily to the loss of a life by a hostile spaceship.
Coloured 2D graphics without scrolling. Music is only played in the title menu. During the game there are sound effects.
In the lower status bar the following is shown: ammunition, grenades, current score, number of lives and the current zone.
- Controls in the game
- move pawn left/right
- teleport or pick up extra weapon (pawn must be in a capsule)
- short - shoot weapon
- long - throw grenade
- Functions in the title screen
- - start game
- - define keys
- collect white box: laser ammunition = 99
- collect yellow box: grenades = 10
- A searching missiled can be tricked with the help of a teleport.
- unlimited lives:
POKE 7427,205: SYS 2061
- unlimited grenades:
POKE 5650,173: SYS 2061
Werner: "Exolon is a simply kept skill game. Graphics and sound are average. The game offers little diversification, but it is well playable. 6.5 points from me."
mombasajoe: "Everyone who owns a C64-DTV knows Exolon. Period. Because it is on it. Period. It is not really bad. It is not really good. It is not in my DTV any more. Period. Why? Because it is meaningless."
- Exolon was originally created for ZX Spectrum by Raffaele Cecco. The C64 version was developed by Nick Jones, who also converted several other Cecco's Spectrum games for C64. Jones also made the title music for both the C64 and Spectrum versions of Exolon.
- Werner - 105.850 (29.06.2013)
- Equinoxe - 91.550 (17.02.2013)
- Robotron2084 - 74.700 (21.06.2013)
- Equinoxe Junior - 17.900 (17.02.2013)
- C64Games.de - Game No. 230
- Lemon64 - Game No. 867
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 2608
- TheLegacy entry no.4283
- ready64 - Game No. 133
- Test Report No. 1844 on Kultboy.com
- ZZap64 test report
- CSDb - Exolon versions