|This article is very short and not very detailed. Please help to improve it.|
Cross-development is the term used for a development or programming process where the host system on which the programs are developed is not the same as the (usually much less powerful or capable) target system on which the programs are run. For example MS-BASIC for CBM computers was developed on a PDP-10 mainframe.
Assemblers[edit | edit source]
Note that assemblers are also included in some of the editor/frontend/IDE systems listed below.
- ACME: 6502/65c02/65816. Fast and includes illegal opcodes. Host: Win32. By Marco Baye.
- DASM: By Matt Dillon
- KickAssembler (or short: "KickAss"): A Java based Cross-Assembler by Camelot, runs on all java supported systems like Windows, Linux, OS X, etc.
- TASS: "Turbo Assembler", primarily for native programming, afterwards a Cross-Assembler for DOS, also unix, Linux or Windows32
- vasm (vbcc): A cross-assembler for MOS 6502 compatible CPUs.
- xa: A multi-pass cross-assembler for 8-bit CPUs of the 6502 series (6502, 65C02, 6504, 6507, 6510, 7501, 8500, 8501 and 8502), Rockwell R65C02 and 16-bit 65816 CPU.
- TMPx: Multiplatform cross assembler version of Turbo Macro Pro, itself derived from the famous Turbo Assembler series for the native C64.
Compilers[edit | edit source]
BASIC[edit | edit source]
- MOSpeed: An optimizing cross compiler for BASIC V2
- TinyBasic64 (beta - abandoned): a cross compiler for the Tiny BASIC language, Linux or Windows
- XC=BASIC: an optimizing cross compiler for an advanced BASIC dialect by Csaba Fekete
C[edit | edit source]
- cc65: A complete C compiler suite by Ullrich von Bassewitz
- KickC (beta): a C-compiler for creating optimized and readable 6502 assembler code by Jesper Balman Gravgaard
PASCAL[edit | edit source]
- Turbo Rascal SE, TRSE: a complete suite (IDE, compiler, programming language, image sprite level resource editor) by LemonSpawn
- Pas6502: a cross compiler by Paul Nicholls that compiles a dialect of Object Pascal to 6502 program through Kick Assembler
Miscellaneous Tools[edit | edit source]
- Petcat: Text/BASIC tokenizer. Part of VICE, and runs on all platforms on which VICE runs.
- TOK64: Text/BASIC tokenizer. VIC-20/C64/etc. only; cannot convert files to PET format. Supports Final Cartridge 3 and Graphics52 C64 BASIC extensions. Runs on DOS only, and requires a circa-1995 C compiler.
- Multi-platform TOK64: Updated version of TOK64 above to build on modern Linux systems, and probably most other modern systems with some POSIX support. Tested with GCC 6 on Debian 9.
Editors and Frontends[edit | edit source]
- Bas.Edit: A PC editor for (z.B. mit Petcat umgewandelte) BASIC programs by Björg Stojalowski
- C64list: A BASIC program editor and a cross-assembler for Windows by Jeff Hoag
- C64 Studio: A developement studio for BASIC and assembler by Georg Rottensteiner (Endurion)
- CBM prg Studio: A developement studio for BASIC and assembler under Windows by Arthur Jordison
- Notepad++: A powerfully text editor, which supported cross-assembler-programmming by DoHo
- Relaunch64: Specially for programming with divers cross-assembler based text editor by Payday
Graphics[edit | edit source]
- C64 Converter: Tool for online converting of .PNG/.GIF/.JPG into C64 .FLI/.KLA by ALeX Kazik
- ConGo: Software for image editting of C64 graphics formats on a PC by Matthias Matting
- Multicolor2Char: Software for converting .BMP pictures in a char set and a tile matrix by Mayday!
- PETSCII: Software for creating PETSCII graphics on a PC by fit
- PixCen: Software for image editting of C64 graphics formats on a PC by Censor Design
- Project One: Software for image editting of a lot of C64 graphics formats on a PC by Resource
- Multipaint: Multiplatform graphics editor that simulates C64 hires and multicolor restrictions by Tero Heikkinen AKA Dr. TerrorZ.
Sound and Music[edit | edit source]
- GoatTracker: Cross-Composing Tool or a SID-Tracker for the PC (now also Mac and MorphOS) by Covert Bitops
- Hubbard2Goattracker: Software for converting a lot of SID files by Rob Hubbard for the GoatTracker format .SNG by Stello Doussis
Cross-Crunching[edit | edit source]
- ALZ64 by Kabuto
- ByteBoozer by Booze Design
- Exomizer by Zagon
- PuCrunch by Albert/Pu-239
- apultra by Emmanuel Marty
- LZSA by Emmanuel Marty
Links[edit | edit source]