|This article is very short and not very detailed. Please help to improve it.|
|Licence||Freeware, Open Source|
|Platform||PC (Windows, .NET)|
|Information|| version 5.3 (19.08.2017)|
The C64 Studio is a handy Commodore development environment for the OS Windows on a PC, which is being actively developed by Georg Rottensteiner since the year 2011. It is published as Freeware. The source code can be downloaded at GitHub (https://github.com/GeorgRottensteiner/C64Studio/).
The current version 5.3. was released on 19th August 2017.
The user manual of C64 Studio and other documentation (http://unusedino.de/ec64/technical/aay/c64) is included in the offline help (avaiable with the function key ).
The main focus of the actual version is optimized for the C64.
The main programming tools in C64 Studio are:
- Assembler and disassembler for MOS 6510
- Character editor for HiRes, multicolor and EMC mode
- Sprite editor
- Screen designer for text- and bitmap screens
- Map editor for tile basic
- Debugger used with VICE until version 5.2
- File manager (import and export for (.prg, .T64 or .D64/.D71/.D81)
- Assembling tape, disk and cartridge formats
- Import and -export dual code
The special feature of C64 Studio is the debugging function with the remote monitor of VICE(step in, step over, step out). Also shown are register and memory contents.