|Licence||Freeware, Open Source|
|Platform||PC (Windows, .NET)|
C64 Studio is a useful Commodore development environment for Windows, which has been actively developed by Georg Rottensteiner since 2011.The program is focused on supporting C64 assembler and Basic V2, but also includes a number of handy tools as listed below.
The user manual of C64 Studio and other documentation (http://unusedino.de/ec64/technical/aay/c64) is included in the offline help (available with the function key ).
The main programming tools in C64 Studio are:
- Assembler and disassembler for MOS 6510
- Character editor for HiRes, multicolor and EMC mode
- Sprite editor
- Screen designer for text- and bitmap screens
- Map editor for tile basic
- Debugger used with VICE until version 5.2
- File manager (import and export for (.prg, .T64 or .D64/.D71/.D81)
- Assembling tape, disk and cartridge formats
- Import and -export dual code
A special feature of C64 Studio is the debugging function with the remote monitor of VICE (step in, step over, step out). Also shown are register and memory contents.