|Developer||Kevin A. Moughtin|
|Musician||Kevin A. Moughtin|
|Gamemode||Single player |
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|6.00 points at 3 votes.|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|Lemon64||6.2||23rd June 2012 - 33 votes|
Jim the Cabin Boy must make his way below decks to collect various items of booty (automatically picked up when he walks past it) strewn around the ship.
When you have collected all the items from the Black Galleon's 20 holds (screens), you will be given 45 seconds to locate the Bronze key to the next pile of booty. Clearing all booty a second and third (impossible!) time causes a search for the Silver and Gold keys, each increasing the game's speed and hazards.
Jim will meet an untimely death if he falls through a trap door, drowns, is bitten by a ship's rat, or pecked by one of the Captain's parrots, or cut down by a Ghost Pirate, or blown up (some pieces of booty are booby-trapped, so step lively, mates) or steps through a hold door into mid-air or the ocean.
The game is rather poorly designed, has a lot of one-colour sprites and the only real challenges in the game are not trying to fall down (falling down 1 pixel is enough to kill you). The music is nerve-wrecking. Fortunately you're able to turn the music off with the F3 key.
Controls are very simple. Your cabin boy is only able to walk around; no jumping, no dodging.
- / - Walk left/right
- / - Climb stairs
- - Pick up keys / enter doors
- Turn off/on music
- Pause game
- Resume game
You can also use the keyboard according to the instructions given in the game.
Cabins are colour-coded and can only be entered by using the matching colour-coded key. Holds (new screens) can only be entered by pressing the space bar or fire button while Jim is standing directly in front of the hold door.
Points are awarded for the booty depending on the type.
This is the hold with the Bronze key, make sure you pick up the last Booty in the hold with the door that leads to this hold!
- Collect all booty. Make sure you pick up the last booty near the door that leads to the hold with the bronze key! You have only 45 seconds to find that bronze key.
- The effort was not made to avoid enemies appearing on the screen when you are standing at the border. This creates unfair situation as you are not able to shoot or jump.
- Enemies are reset when leaving a screen by the door and reentrering again.
- You can only carry one key. If you pick up the second key, the first key is placed again at its original position.
- Keys stay in the room. If you carry a key and leave the room you will lose the key.
- Press K+E+V+I+N for infinite lives and the possibility to move to any screen you want by pressing the left arrow key.
- The version by Pugsy offers several trainers: infinite lives, switch off sprite collisions, explosion invincibility, fall safely, open doors without keys.
Camailleon: "On the one hand it is a nice idea with all the doors and keys and collecting stuff. I do not mind the graphics and music that much (can be switched off). But there are several points that annoy me during the game a lot and takes all the fun out of the game. Firstly, the enemies can appear when you are standing right at the border of the screen and this kill you right away. Another unfair situation is created when there is only one ladder at the end of the floor and you are face with a fast bird or rat or a pirate from the wrong side, there is no chance to escape. So there are too many unfair situations depending on luck. Another nuisance is that after losing a life you have to restart from the first room again and make your way through empty floors again. Using the platforms takes lots of practice and you just have a fraction of a second to hop on and off. Not my cup of tea."
- Camailleon - 2.110 (25.12.2012)
- Nobody - 0 (dd.mm.yyyy)
- Nobody - 0 (dd.mm.yyyy)