|Voting||6.56 points, 16 votes|
|Platform||Acorn Electron, Amstrad CPC, BBC Micro, C64, MSX|
|Genre||Arcade, Platformer (Single Screen)|
|Information||Follower: Son of Blagger|
Description[edit | edit source]
Follow the prey of "Roger the Dodger", the master of thieves, through numerous buildings, help him in the search for golden keys and plunder with him safe after safe. But always beware of obstacles and alarm systems and especially of these ghostly figures and appearances. One tip: Roger reacts very sensible to jumps with more than one floor height!
As soon as you have solved a screen, you get to the next potential place to break in. The game contains 30 different levels. You start with 5 lives.
Design[edit | edit source]
The aim of each level is to collect all keys within the time limit and then to reach the safe. As not all the platforms are stable, you have to think thoroughly which way to go best while not taking yourself the possibility to reach the safe.
Hints[edit | edit source]
100 points per key
Time bonus, when you solved the level
Extra life every 10.000 points
After loading and starting the game press the "Space" key to go on break-in tour with "Roger the Dodger". If no button is pressed after a short time, the single levels are shown.
or = go left
or = go right
or use joystick in port#2
Solution[edit | edit source]
- The biggest enemy of the player is the time limit. Therefore first find out the course of the jumps in every level and write them down. As soon as a level starts there is no time to think.
- All jumps need to be done quick and exact. An impreciseness of 2 pixels is sometimes already to much and fragile platforms dissolve very fast.
- All levels are solvable, even though it might not look so at the start. Here it only helps to practice, practice, practice...
Cheats[edit | edit source]
- Pokes (not tested):
- Unlimited lives - POKE 53264,128 - Invulnerable - POKE 3516,234 - Cheat Mode - POKE 3561,234 : POKE 3562,234 : POKE53264,126 : POKE 3574,44
Voting[edit | edit source]
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|6.56 points at 16 votes (rank 575).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||6||28th July 2008 - "good" - 2697 downs|
|Lemon64||7||28th July 2008 - 31 votes|
Critics[edit | edit source]
Robotron2084: "A rather audacious copy of Manic Miner that steals all elements from the model regardless of the consequences and successfully puts them together anew to equally mean levels. A viciously difficult platformer of the successful but not very inventive kind. Deduction of points for the audacity: 6 out of 10 points."
Shakermaker303: "One of my oldest games, here memories come through. I always thought it was nice to play, sometimes it got tricky, but it was always fun. I didn't even know that it was an audacious clone, for this of course some deduction of points. But concerning the playability it is nice to look at. 7 out of 10 points."
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
Highscore[edit | edit source]
- Centauron - 23.624 (09.10.2013)
- Radi1975 - 6.168 (12.08.2017)
- Robotron2084 - 5.268 (13.08.2010)
- Camailleon - 4.812 (12.08.2010)
- Ivanpaduano - 4.480 - 4 (05.09.2018)
- Sledgie - 1.812 (13.08.2010)
Links[edit | edit source]