|Company||Hewson (Rack It)|
|Publisher||Settimana Games, Edigamma S.r.l.|
|Genre||Shoot'em Up - Platformer|
|Information||the game is called "Bahnzy" in Itaian|
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|7.64 points at 14 votes (rank 156).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||6||21st November 2007 - "good" - 2128 downs|
|Lemon64||8||21st November 2007 - 38 votes|
|Kultboy.com||8,40||19th July 2009 - 5 votes|
It is a totally normal day on a totally normal alien research base. The sun glows green in a purple sky and the alien crew pursues its normal course of the day when suddenly a blazing hostile fighter squadron plunges from the sky and takes over the base. The automatic self destruction mechanism is instantly initiated.
Flee from the laboratory complex before the time bomb explodes. You have exactly 15 minutes to fight your ways to the rescue ship with which you can leave the complex.
The game consists of 29 horizontally scrolling levels which are connected by teleports (EXIT). The graphics are not very coloured, but in return they offer nice colour gradients. Up to 40 obscure sprites move smoothly over the jitter-free scrolling background, an atmospheric title tune and the fitting FX accompany the game.
- = pause game
- = abort game
- - set rapid fire gun / 50 shots per collected icon
- - set photon laser / 25 shots
- - set nuclear laser / 10 shots
- - set net mine / 8 shots
- - set missiles / 1 shot
- / = walk left/right
- / / = jump left/up/right
- = float upwards (pull forwards several times shortly after the other)
- = fire weapon
- To trigger a special weapon (F3, F5, F7) keep the fire button pressed until the loading bars (in the control panel) are full, then let go of the fire button.
- The size of a monster is proportional to the received points when you destroy it (the bigger, the more points).
- If you collect a gen bottle you will get 100.000 points.
- After 10 collected bottles you get an extra life.
- You acitviate the cheat mode with the following key combination:
- + + + +
- Those, for whom this is not enough, can also enter the following POKEs with the help of a Freezer cartridge:
POKE 12303,173:POKE 12322,173- unlimited lives
POKE 5014,173:POKE 9825,173- unlimited energy
POKE 10682,173- unlimited time
POKE 5847,173- unlimited missiles
POKE 6424,189- unlimited special laser
- or those from Mogelpower
Werner: "Nice little game - 7 points from me (I cannot understand the 3 points from the C64games vote!)"
H.T.W: "Jukka Tapanimäki has created here, despite the problems that Hewson created him, (this game was originally based in a totally different genre, s. link "GTW64 - Zamzara-Preview"), a very stylistic game, whose graphics remind of H.R. Giger. The low difficulty grade of the levels at the beginning is slowly raised in the course of the game and the enemy formations partially almost act "intelligent". Altogether a game that cannot reach the class of Turrican, but also has its qualities".
- On C64Games.de there is a version with manual, title picture, saveable highscore list and highscore reseter. (Zamzara_(Rsi+Htw).d64)
- There are the following cracks:
- Atomic Demo Heros, Hotline, International of Chaos and Zenith, Red Sector Incorporated, Savage and The Sharks, Sylvio of Triumwyrat, Yatterking
- Logan - 311.825 (04.01.2007)
- H.T.W - 307.745 (30.12.2006)
- Werner - 204.035 (30.12.2006)
- C64Games.de - Game No. 209
- Lemon64 - Game No. 2931
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 8842
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 14103 (Bahnzy)
- Test Report No. 2009 on Kultboy.com
- ZZap64 test report
- Zamzara releases in the CSDb
- GTW64 - Zamzara preview, with completely different levels and partially different graphics.