|Developer||InuYaksa of Hokuto Force|
|Musician||Snabel of Hokuto Force|
|Genre||Jump & Run, Arcade|
|Information||Frogger Remake of the arcade version from Konami 1981, current version: +4 (24.12.2016)|
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|8.13 points at 8 votes (rank 74).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|CSDb||9,5||31. Januar 2016 - 341 downs 13 votes|
Frogger Arcade is a remake of the original arcade version of frogger created by Konami in 1981. The C64 version was published by the game development group Hokuto Force at Christmas 2015. The current version is a preview or beta version. In the moment there are two versions in the CSDb.
In this game you have to let frogs hop over a street with much traffic and over logs and turtles in a floating stream to one of the five free spaces at the upper rim of the screen. Dangers are always there: Cars drive over the frog and he does also not survive leaving the screen or jumping into water, and so on.
Each frog needs to reach its aim within a given time. The time that is left is added to your score. When all 5 places are occupied, the next level starts. In higher levels and by raising your points the traffic gets more and faster. Crossing the stream is aggravated by missing logs, submerging turtles and other small scurvinesses as crocodiles, water snakes and beavers. Furthermore, the available time is shortened and the speed rises. There are bonus points when pinching flies and the toad.
The game (also like the original game Frogger) takes place in a static screen design (so no scrolling or changing of the screen), in which animated cars move in the lower part and animated logs, turtles, crocodiles, water snakes, beavers in a stream and the frog itself move in the upper part. There are sound effects and a nice background music, which is changed by moving a frog in the destination place.
- You steer with the joystick in port 2
- Forward jump: 10 points
- Frog in the goal: 50 points
- Frog in the goal with toad: 200 points
- Frog in the goal with fly: 200 points
- All 5 frogs in the goal: 1000 points
- In the goal for each time unit left: 10 points
- After each 5th level you get an extra life
- Do not jump onto the mouth of an alligator (only on the back)!
- Do not jump into a cave in which there is an alligator!
- If you jump into a cave in which a fly sits, this gets you extra points (200 points).
- Collecting and then "bringing home" a green female frog sitting on a log also gets you bonus points (200 points).
Sledgie: "Here authors and everybody who likes can write his personal opinion and other things about the game. There may be hints to a school mark."
Screenshot comparison of different conversions
- Werner - 12.740 - 4 (3.2.2016)
- Sledgie - 5.960 - 3 (4.2.2016)
- Polluks - 5.790 - 2 (26.1.2016)
Every player can only be in the table with one score. The table should not have more than 10 entries.
- C64Games.de - Game No. 7093
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 26243 (Preview 2015)
- ready64 - Game No. 5415
- "Frogger Arcade Preview for the C64 - Hokuto Force ports a classic!" at indieretronews.com
- Forum Lemon64.com: "Games Competition 2017 - Round 01 - Frogger Arcade"