|Developer|| Oliver Kirwa|
Level author: Michael Dornemann
|Company||Markt & Technik|
Level editor: Crill-Edi
64'er Sonderheft 85
also: New Crillion I
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|7.29 points at 17 votes (rank 252).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||7||28th January 2010 - "very good" - 579 downs|
Except for the new level design, there are no further differences to the original game Crillion. With the help of the joystick a ball is controlled, that can be recoloured over colour blocks and as in Breakout resolve stones of the same colour. Furthermore there are pushable stones that pose unwanted obstacles and skull fields that cost a life. Already the first levels have a relatively high difficulty level and without strategy probably no level can be solved.
Impressions of starting levels 1, 5, 9, 13, 17 and 21:
- 2D single screens, no scrolling
- appropriate design of the 25 levels, blocks in 3D design
- information are shown in the right part of the screen
- in the background you can hear wind sounds
- very successful and numerous sound effects
- small animation when exploding
- The game starts with 4 lives
- Every 10.000 points there is an extra life - you can have a maximum of 7 lives
- Each destroyed block gets you 64 points in this version
Controls in the menu
- Joystick left/right: set startlevel 1,5,9,13,17,21
- Fire button: start
Controls in the game
- Joystick left: steer ball to the left
- Joystick right: steer ball to the right
- : self-destruction for desperate game situations
- : pause mode
Aim of the game
- Dissolve all coloured blocks, then the next level will come up.
- After losing a life, the current level needs to be repeated.
- The faster you finish a level, the higher is the time bonus.
- When all 25 levels haven been done successfully, you get into a random mode. Here one of the 25 levels is chosen until the player has lost all his lives.
H.T.W: "As already with the original Crillion there is a high addiction and fun factor, according to: "I'll try once again, I can make it". However, already level 1 is relatively hard, that is why this version of Crillion can only be recommended to players, who not right away bite into the joystick...".
Camailleon: "This is actually the "New Crillion 1" that I know from the earlier days and which I played often and with joy. Concerning the difficult level I would put Crillion '93 on the same level as Crillion. Both have their tricky hurdles and both are lots of fun!".
- For this game there is a level editor, see: Crill-Edi
- There are several other version of Crillion with different level design, that have never been released officially, but can be found on C64Games.de or Gamebase64.
- By now there are numerous remakes for the PC, e.g. Wuchtel's Welt: by Team Dalama
- Camailleon - 312.742 - RND - played to the end (31.07.2011)
- Werner - 66.650 (14.10.2012)
- Equinoxe - 23.488 (01.08.2011)