|Developer|| John Ferrari (Code & Grafik) |
Andy Roberts (Loading screen, Logo)
|Gamemode||Single player |
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|7.00 points at 14 votes (rank 334).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||7||3rd June 2010 - "very good" - 1634 downs|
|Lemon64||6,5||28th August 2010 - 13 votes|
Due to a heroic effort to win back the flag for the opening ceremony of the camp, Maximus Maus was offered the job as a rescue ranger in the nice Winter Camp "Nice 'n' Icy". A job which he took with pleasure.
Instantly after his start at the job Max notices a big ball at the top of a hill and a big bird that flies towards this ball. Max does not take long to recognize the peril. If this bird collides with the ball, a catastrophic snowslide will be triggered. The popular camp is in danger, so Max quickly makes his way to remove the snow ball.
Due to this important mission, that Max has to accomplish, you will be assigned as his assistant. This means, that you of course have bring in physical effort, if required. So roll up your sleeves and start.
The game offers vertical and horizontal scrolling. The graphics are colourful and the cute sprites are animated fluently. A background music which can be switched off is of course also there.
- Joystick port 1
- : choose the weapon
- : pause
- : music on/off
- Level 1: Move the joystick softly to and fro and then pass over to a constant rhythm.
- Level 2: It is recommendable to do as many rescues as possible, as the power of our villain at the end of the level grows proportionally to the failed rescues.
- Level 3: The red bears mean greater problems than the yellow ones. Therefore they should be the main target.
- Level 4: Three things are indispensable to fulfill this level: The football, the glass of honey and the fishing rod which can be found at the first waterfall.
- Level 5: Look, hear and remember.
- Level 6: Physics have found out that bigger snowballs roll faster than small ones.
- Level 6: But the disadvantage of big snowballs is, that they cannot be controlled that easily.
- Level 6: You can enlarge your snowball by racing through a snowman.
- Level 6: If you are caught in a small snowball, it is recommended to roll against an obstacle and to stop and then press the fire button to jump.
- Level 6: Use the ramps to jump over obstacles.
The course of movements is the same in all three races. Do soft left/right movements until the indicator reaches the yellow icon. Then wait until the indicator points again to blue. Repeat this until the end. From the second race the opponent throws items. Just change the side (joystick up or down). If you are hit by an item, you need to shake the joystick until the end.
With the space key you can choose one of a maximum of three items. It is activated by the fire button.
- Slowly move downwards to pick up the feather. Then with a press on the fire button jump over the water hole.
- Directly after the jump pick up the snowman and at the top throw a snowball at an ice hockey player.
- At the top collect the flag (gets you extra time).
- Go around the ice hole and throw the fish back into the water.
- Below pick up the flag and rescue the fallen ice skater.
- Choose feather and jump over the ice hole.
- Choose snowball and throw onto ice hockey player.
- Below pick up the flag and the broom, push away the curling stones with the help of the broom.
- Below pick up the flag and resuce the fallen ice skater.
- Pick up umbrella and at the top avoid the curling stones (or push them away with the broom).
- Ignore the bomb and choose the umbrella to be able to fend off the snowball.
- Rescue the fish, then instantly down to escape the big bear.
- Rescue the fallen, circling ice skater and get the baseball glove at the top.
- Ignore the bomb again, pick up the flag and seperate the two fighting creatures with the glove.
- Go around the curling stones and rescue the circling ice skater.
- Below pick up the flag and rescue the fish at the top.
- Rescue the next fish with care (avoid contact with the ice hockey player).
- Collect the two flags at top and bottom to get more time.
- Now pick up the bomb.
The villain at the end of the level
- Wait until he is at the same height as Maximus and then throw the bomb over his head.
- Now walk into the villain and push him this way into the exploding bomb.
- Do this sequence 3-4 times (with only little rescues, correspondingly more often) and the level is done!
- Max should always stay in the middle to keep the distance to all bears as small as possible.
- Each time a bear appears it changes the colour. First yellow, then pink and at the end dark red.
- As the dark red bears also throw snowballs, they are the main aim.
- If a bear is hit, it gets yellow again. After four hits it falls from the tree.
- From time to time useful items appear. Flags get you extra time and the brush makes all bears yellow.
- First shake joystick right/left so Max does not fall into the crevasse.
- Now Clyde Radcliff plays five tone sequences with each 4/5/6/7/8 tones that Max has to replay correctly. Paper and pen are surely a help here!
- The last two tone sequences are only whistled by Clyde. (Look for the position of the notes!)
- If all five tone sequences have been replayed correctly, the way is free to the next level.
- Collect the first two flags.
- Between the two posts roll through the fire to downsize the snowball.
- Pick up the hourglass (extra time) in the forest and drive through the small gap out of the wood.
- Pass the skiers at the right, pick up the flag and go over the snowman extremly left.
- Use the ramp to jump.
- Go between the two huts and drive around the forest at the right side.
- Pick up the flag at the left and drive through the two huts.
- Pass the log at the right, then again extremely to the left and avoid the snowman.
- Drive left over the snowman and jump on the ramp (collect time bonus).
- Stay left and avoid the dog sled.
- At the second ramp from the left jump over the fence.
- At the leftmost onto the ramp and jump over the next fence.
- Pick up the flags, brake and steer heavily to the right.
- Go around the trees and drive over the snowman.
- At the right side avoid the wind.
- Brake short in front of the snow machine to go around it.
- Touch the bale of straw and the level is done.
- Behind the left ball of rock hides the bomb icon. The other balls of rock offer 30 seconds time bonus.
- Collect a few worms (lower left). Avoid the wind below!
- Jump over the egss that roll from the nest to get to the top.
- When you have reached the uppermost platform, throw a worm to the eagle.
- If it catches the worm, it will feed it to the eagle baby. Now jump into the wind in the upper right.
- Select bomb an when Max is exactly over the eagle he throws the bomb.
- Repeat this manoeuvre 3 times and the game is solved.
If you enter the following text in the corresponding level during the pause mode, you will jump to the next level.
|1||MY NUTS ARE FROZEN|
|2||OH MY SORE BUM|
|6||BART WAS HERE|
Werner: "A very diversified, solidly implemented game with nice graphics. A game which is fun, although you need some time in some of the levels to understand the game principle. 8 points from me."
- Werner - 7.949 (28.09.2010)
- Sledgie - 4.636 (10.05.2010)
- Nobody - 0 (dd.mm.yyyy)
- C64Games.de - Game No. 3185
- Lemon64 - Game No. 2862
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 8619
- Test Report No. 3231 on Kultboy.com
- ZZap64 test report