|Voting||7.09 points, 11 votes|
Description[edit | edit source]
Think Cross is one of the many Puzznic clones, that there are for the C64. It is always about pushing together stones with the same symbol. If this is done, they dissolve. The stones are subject to gravitiy, i.e. if you push them over the rim, they will fall until there is ground below their flat surface. The clear aim is to clear away all labelled stones within a time limit. There are 150 levels to fight through, with level sections. A level section consists of 5 levels. Each section differs graphically from the other and at the end you get a password to be able to enter the game again at this level. Different items facilitate or aggravate your task, as e.g. moving bridges, lifts, fragile floors, etc...
Design[edit | edit source]
Looking at the effort necessary the team of programmers was probably not under time pressure, which has a very positive effect on the game. As it contains many nice graphic sets, it has to load very often, but this takes not much time. The controls are also important, they are fluent and soft, you can set three speeds- slow, - standard, - fast. The sound is probably more a tootling - but does not disturb. There are more superior compositions by Markus Schneider. It is very good that you are able to go on playing from the last level that you could not solve. In each level section you can jump one level ( ), if you think you cannot make it. Each fifth level is a bonus level and does not need to be solved. Here you get 200 points per eliminated item. Rumour has it that there are also secret levels where items behave totally different than in normal rooms. But whether this is only a rumour ...
Hints[edit | edit source]
Some explanations for the displays on the screen: At the far left, the bricks are listed with their number that are in the current room. At the upper left there is the score, in the upper middle the time limit and at the right the current level. At the far upper right there are two numbers - the first shows the number of help functions. With the keyyou can restart a level, but the countdown is not reset. The second number shows the number of bombs that you can gain in the course of the game. There is a bomb each 30.000 points, with which you can bomb away stones that are left (with ). There is also a pause function, use key . With you can abort a level.
Solution[edit | edit source]
- Most of the time you need to eliminate pairs or triplets. Do not destroy all pairs at first, because you might need items to be able to eliminate triplets.
- Allegedly, doors open to secret levels if you bring items or marplots to certain places in the room. Is this only a rumour...
- Items disappear instantly as soon as they get in contact with each other! Do not hesitate to let an item drop into the fire if it touches a twin before that.
- Shooters and bridges have periodic action intervals.
- Study the conveyor belts closely, as their behaviour often does not correspond to the laws of logic. These loners have their own logic.
- When there is a big collection of items, chain reactions often happen. Act foresightfully to not release unwanted reactions.
Cheats[edit | edit source]
|level 005 custom||level 055 wizard||level 105 armada|
|level 010 master||level 060 catgut||level 110 estate|
|level 015 future||level 065 firing||level 115 gopher|
|level 020 dorado||level 070 ladder||level 120 kernel|
|level 025 greece||level 075 firkin||level 125 jumper|
|level 030 flames||level 080 sphinx||level 130 groove|
|level 035 animal||level 085 typist||level 135 hiphop|
|level 040 epopee||level 090 voyage||level 140 offset|
|level 045 jaguar||level 095 palace||level 145 suineg|
|level 050 matrix||level 100 decade|
Voting[edit | edit source]
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|7.09 points at 11 votes (rank 386).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||10||19th November 2007 - "Highlight" - 1111 downs|
|Lemon64||7,5||19th November 2007 - 2 votes|
Critics[edit | edit source]
H.T.W: "A basically simple but intelligent game idea that really challenges concentration and mind, and this in a good technical realisation. Unfortunately, the highscore list is not saved. Nevertheless a good puzzle game with many extras and tricky levels, needs to be tested absolutely.. ".
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Unfortunately, the highscore list is not saveable in the original version
- In the version by "X-Ray (Ignorance)" the highscore list is saved, but there is a crash after loading level 50 !!
Highscore[edit | edit source]
- FXXS - 77.565 (07.11.2013)
- Blubarju - 68.100 (07.09.2013)
- H.T.W - 65.125 (04.05.2009)