|Platform||C64, MSX, Atari, Arcade|
|Gamemode||Single player |
2 players (in turns)
|Voting of ther C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|6.89 points at 18 votes (rank 373).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||8||9th September 2007 - "super" 3003 downs|
|Lemon64||7,4||19th September 2007 - 43 votes|
|Gamebase64||10||May 2005 - "Classic!"|
|Rombachs C64-Spieleführer||7||September 1984 - "Vote 3"|
|Kultboy.com||8||29th Juli 2008 - 6 votes|
The cunning foxes have it in for the pigs, but they answer back. The foxes are letting themselves down with balloons from the rock in the first level. Here you need to shoot them with bow and arrow. They crash when their balloon is destroyed. Some balloons need to be hit several times to be destroyed. So that this does not get too easy, the foxes throw back acorns. In the second level you need to prevent that the foxes throw down acorns onto the defending pig. After that one of 2 different bonus rounds follow and the 4th level is similar to the first level, whereby the number of foxes slowly rises. There is a maximum of 48 enemies to be shot. The number of foxes that need to be fended off is shown by th left flag, the right flag shows the current level.
The design of graphics and colour are plain. The moving characters, foxes and pigs, are slightly animated. The background music, which consists of some chords, is played and complemented with some sound effects for the actions.
|Images from level 1|
|Images from level 2|
|Images from level 3 and 4|
|Images of the bonus rounds|
Keyboard controls in the start screen:
- 1 or 2 player mode
- Start the game
Controls during the game
A piece of meat appears at the upper position of the gondola when the gondola has been let down a bit. If you collect it, you get 200 points. By pressing the fire button it is thrown. It does not matter of it hits a balloon or the fox itself, in both cases the fox will fall down. The thrown meat can hit several foxes. For the first fox you get 400 points, for the second 800 and for each further one 1600 points.
If you hit a thrown acorn or a balloon with an arrow you will receive 200 points.
- Do not let pass any foxes to the bottom (uneven levels) or to the top (even levels). Each shot fox gets you 200 points.
- Try as hard as possible to avoid the acorns, for this always stay on the move. I.e. the acorns can touch the gondola, but not the pig.
- Try as often as possible to get several foxes at once with the piece of meat. The more foxes are caught the more points you get (400, 800, max. 1600 points).
- As the piece of meat is always thrown in a curve, it is advisable to shoot it from as far at the top as possible.
- In the uneven leveles avoid the foxes that stick their nose out towards the gondola.
- Shoot the fox with the transparent balloon (hit it at least 5x), or else 5 further foxes will appear.
- Avoid that the 7 foxes push down the stone in the even levels.
- Acorns (200 points) and empty balloons (50 points) can also be shot.
- In the 1st bonus level you can shoot the foxes only with a piece of meat.
Robotron2084: "This conversion is technically very sound, but the problem is the much too low difficulty grade. After the second round there is quasi no raise of speed any more, whereby the playing degenerates to a monotonuous permanent yawning attack (I have aborted the game unnervedly short before falling asleep). Therefore only 4 out of 10 points."
- Werner - 215.500 (25.08.2018)
- Robotron2084 - 198.400 (11.09.2007)
- Camailleon - 137.000 (08.04.2011)
- Blubarju - 110.900 (30.07.2009)
- Ralph Wiggum - 80.800 (23.07.2010)
- Sledgie - 47.750 (03.04.2010)
- C64Games.de - Game No. 1512
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 5827
- Lemon64 - Game No. 1969
- C64.com - Game No. 374
- Test Report No. 1904 on Kultboy.com