|Voting||6.67 points, 3 votes|
|Gamemode||Single player |
2 players (in turns)
|Information||Homebrew version; Download|
Description[edit | edit source]
Plekthora is a horizontal Shoot'em up in a classic space theme. The game consists of 20 levels in total. At the beginning of the game you can choose the number of lives as well as the starting level.
Design[edit | edit source]
The game's graphic design is simple but attractive. The homebrew title pays homage to the space shooters of the early or mid-1980s. The three-way parallax scrolling of the background graphics at the bottom of the screen is also well done. Each new level is introduced with a fly-through numbering and a small story description at the bottom of the screen.
Simple sound effects can be heard in the game. At the beginning of the game, a short starting melody is heard.
Hints[edit | edit source]
Start of game[edit | edit source]
You can set the following to start the game:
- The starting level (Level): 1 to 9.
- The number of players: 1 to 2.
- And the number of lives (Lives): 1 to 6.
Controls[edit | edit source]
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
You can collect extras at various spots in the game. The letter in the extra container indicates what type of upgrade you will receive.
- B - Bonus: One extra life.
- D - Drone: The protective drone orbits the ship, stopping one hit before it is destroyed.
- L - Laser: A long, pulsing blast of energy to destroy enemies.
- M - Missile: Search missiles fly directly at approaching enemies.
- S - Shield: A force field that can withstand one hit.
- P - Plasma: This weapon can be charged and causes devastating destruction.
- U - Speed Up: Makes the ship faster.
- W - Weapon Upgrade: Increases the firepower of your weapon.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Not all extras can be combined!
- For every 10,000 points, you get one extra life.
- A maximum of 7 lives can be collected!
- Shot down enemies leave behind stars. If you collect these, you can increase the multiplier and achieve very high scores.
- You get continue options for completed levels.
- The game ends after level 20.
Solution[edit | edit source]
Simply shoot at anything that moves, avoiding being hit yourself and also not colliding with the background.
Cheats[edit | edit source]
Voting[edit | edit source]
|Voting of the C64-Wiki-User (10=the best vote):|
|6.67 points at 3 votes.|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
Critics[edit | edit source]
Zore64: "A small shooter that is big fun. Nicely implemented, well-balanced and the continue function lowers the frustration factor. An awsome homebrew release. Seven to eight points from me!"
Jodigi: "A very nice to play space shooter for the C64 as a nice and challenging arcade game..."
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
There are no covers, promotional materials or media as this is a homebrew game that was offered as a name-your-own-price download via itch.io.
Video[edit | edit source]
Review by Saberman
Emulator settings[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
The developer has made the program code available uncompressed on itch.io and encourages modding or reverse engineering.
Highscore[edit | edit source]
We start with starting level 1 and 3 lives!
- Ivanpaduano - 24140 - 7 (23.07.2021)
- Zore64 - 3520 - 3 (21.07.2021)
- Nobody - 0 (dd.mm.yyyy)
Links[edit | edit source]