|Voting||4.00 points, 2 votes|
|Platform||C64, Arcade, Commodore MAX Machine|
|Gamemode||Single player |
|Information||aka Kick, Kick Man, Kick-Man, L'Équilibriste |
Description[edit | edit source]
The game Kickman is copyright 1982 by Commodore and 1981 by Bally. It is a side view game similar to Space Invaders or Arkanoid. You play a clown on a unicycle that has to catch, or pop, the balloons that fall from the rows above. Different color balloons fall at different rates and get different points. Pac-Man and ghosts fill in for some of the balloons after the first level, with differing effects. On level one, the balloons will pop when they land on your head. On level 2 (and beyond) you have to build up a stack of balloons before they will pop. If you miss a balloon, you can kick it back up in the air and have another go. If you let the balloon hit the ground, you lose a life.
(work in progress)
An alternative name of this game was Kick.
Design[edit | edit source]
Simple unicoloured graphics. The score displayed in the bottom left of the screen, and the high score at the bottom right. There is a simple background music that loops and starts over at every level in addition, there are sound effects for kicking a balloon and popping a balloon.
Hints[edit | edit source]
Controls[edit | edit source]
In this game you starts with 4 lifes.
- : Start
- : Kick
- : Left
- : Right
Points[edit | edit source]
- 50: Yellow balloon collect or destroy
- 100: Red balloon collect or destroy
- 150: Blue balloon collect or destroy
- 200: Green balloon collect or destroy
- 250: Yellow Pac-Man collect or eaten ballons
- 300: Red Pac-Man collect or eaten ballons
- 350: Blue Pac-Man collect or eaten ballons
- 400: Green Pac-Man collect or eaten ballons
- 450: Collected or destroyed yellow ghost
- 500: Collected or destroyed red ghost
- 550: Collected or destroyed blue ghost
- 600: Collected or destroyed green ghost
Levels[edit | edit source]
- : Destroy all ballons of a 3*4 field to get Level 2.
- : Since level 2: Firstly collect 4 ballons before you destroy the others. 2 Pac-Mans helps to destroy the ballons on your head. The field is 3*6.
- : Since level 3 or higher: The field is max. 3*8. Also ghosts appears.
Solution[edit | edit source]
A level is solved, if you have collected and destroyed all balloons, Pac-Mans and ghosts. If a balloon, Pac-Man or ghost fallen down, you loose a life and the level restarts.
Cheats[edit | edit source]
Voting[edit | edit source]
|Voting of the C64-Wiki-User (10=the best vote):|
|4.00 points at 2 votes.|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||?||DD. Month YYYY - "text-note" nnnn downs|
|Lemon64||?||DD. Month YYYY - nn votes|
Reviews[edit | edit source]
Jodigi: "An interesting arcade game from the beginning. A little bit too difficult after a few levels."
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
Cover[edit | edit source]
Cartridge[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
C64 longplay part by Reinhard Klinksiek
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Versions of MAX Machine
It exists 2 versions of Kickman for the MAX machine V.01 and V.02. These Kickman version have different music, a slighter graphic, a white background in the title and a black background in the game and also a little bit different gameplay and scoring.
Highscore[edit | edit source]
- Ivanpaduano - 2.900 - 2 (12.12.2021)
- TheRyk - 2.650 - 3 (11.12.2021)
- Nobody - 0 (dd.mm.yyyy)
Links[edit | edit source]
|Wikipedia: Kick (video game)|
- C64Games.de - Game No. 2876
- Lemon64 - Game No. 2992
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 4093
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 10369 Commodore MAX Machine release
- C64.com - Game No. 647
- ready64 - Game No. 1248
Videos[edit | edit source]
- Video at YouTube Longplay