|Price:||99 £, (199 DM, ca. 100 €)|
|Processor:||MOS 7501/8501 @ 0.885/1.76 MHz|
|Memory:||16 KByte, upgradeable|
|Info:||Part of the Commodore-264 series, sold only in European Countries|
The Commodore 116 (also known as: C116) is a Commodore home computer, which is as the C16 and the Plus/4 part of the Commodore-264 series. It looks similar to the Plus/4 but has a smaller housing with a rubber keyboard and is the cheaper version of the C16. The C116 was produced and sold only in Europe in the years 1984 and 1985. The production output of this model was about 51,000 pieces, of which 44,000 were sold in Germany. This low-cost C16 version was intended only for the European market. All variations of the Commodore series 264 could use the same software.
The OS is an advanced version of BASIC (version 3.5). The software is not compatible to the C64. The devices datasette 1531 and the disk drive 1551 can only be connected (without adapters) to the Commodore-264 series.
- Power switch
- Power connector (power; 2 pins) for the power supply unit
- Reset button
- Serial bus (serial IEEE-488, 6-pin, I/O) to connect a diskdrive 1541/70/71/81 or printer MPS-801/802/803, VIC-1515/1525/1526
- Cassette/datasette connector (cassette port round mini DIN, 7-pins; I/O) to connect a cassette recorder (Datasette) 1531
- Main memory expansion (264 Expansion Port; 50-pin; I/O) to connect cartridges or the disk drive 1551
- Two joystick connectors (Joy1 and Joy2, round mini DIN, 8-pins, I) to connect a joystick
- Audio-/video (8-pins; O) to connect a monitor and/or a stereo audio equipment
- TV connector (RF modulator outlet; O) to connect a TV aerial socket (depending on the version NTSC or PAL)
- CPU: MOS 7501 or 8501 with 0.885/1.76 MHz clock frequency (controlled by TED) - average approx. 1.1 MHz.
- Memory: 16 KByte RAM, with 12277 free usable under BASIC, expandable to 64 KByte.
- ROM: 32 KByte in total, consisting of:
- Graphics: TED 8360
- Display in text mode (either capitalization / graphic characters or uppercase / lowercase) 40 (columns) × 25 (lines) characters or in graphic mode (HiRes) 320×200 pixels or 160×200 pixels, as well as graphics with 5 lines text mode at 320×160 or 160×160 pixels
- Colors: 121 (15 colors in 8 shades and black)
- Sound: TED 8360 is also used to create sounds and can form 2 independent voices with tones of over 4 octaves (about 28 notes without overtones) or noises.
- Keyboard: 60 rubber keys (QWERTY), multi-assigned
- Power Supply: 9 V DC provided by power supply unit with 220 V at 50 Hz
Purchase packing list
A C116 package (1984) consists of:
- Computer (C116)
- Power Supply
- Manual Commodore 116 (ring binder)
- Aerial cable
- Commodore warranty card
- Commodore extra guarantee
- Interference free certificate
- Cardboard package
- Styrofoam shells top and bottom
|Wikipedia: Commodore 116|