|Developer||X-AMPLE Architectures, (Joachim Fräder)|
|Company||2D - DOUBLE DENSITY|
|Publisher||CP Verlag, Game On Issue 7/91|
|Musician||X-AMPLE Architectures, (Thomas Detert)|
|Genre||Platformer, Single Screen|
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|6.69 points at 16 votes (rank 504).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||5||12th February 2007 - "satisfactory" 1749 downs|
|Lemon64||7.3||12th February 2007 - 9 votes|
To get the hidden town to work again, the 8 components of the Clystron need to be found in the provided order. With every component that was found, another junction in the teleport net is connected. In this net you can go up and down a maximum of three storeys per component. You need the teleports to reach some areas lying outside the town.
The 8 components need to be found within a time of 15 minutes, or else the game is not seen as solved and there are no bonus points. The chase for the components, however, is not aborted after the time has run out, so you can go on.
The game starts with a great intro: IRQ-Lader, FLI title screen, sound plays while loading and other nice effects.
The graphics in the game are done as multicolor bitmaps, by what many colours are possible. When leaving a screen it is switched to the next, i.e. there is no scrolling. The controls takes a bit getting used to, you can only shoot while the pawn is moving.
- With joystick in control port 2
- Left - Walker goes left
- Right - Walker goes right
- Down - Walker stops
- Fire - Walker shoots in walking direction
- in the lift joystick up - lift goes up
- in the lift joystick down - lift goes down
- in teleporter joystick up - Walker is warped to the teleport numbered +1
- in teleporter joystick down - Walker is warped to the teleport numbered -1
- To be able to use a teleport you need to be standing on its platform, so first jump on it and then use the teleport.
- go left to the first lift
- go three levels up (one of them is omitted automatically)
- left again to the first Clystron piece
- back to the lift and down to the bottom
- left to the first teleport and warp to the second teleport
- to the right until the secod lift on this level
- up and to the left to the second Clystron piece
- the same way back to the first teleport
- right to the lift and the to the top
- at the right there is the third Clystron piece
- now back to the starting spot of the game and to the right until you can go no further
- up with the lift and to the right to get the fourth Clystron piece
- back down and left to the next lift
- five levels up (one of them is omitted automatically)
- right to the third teleport
- warp to the fourth and then to the fifth teleport outside the town
- to the left tol the fifth Clystron piece
- back to the fifth teleport
- now warp to the fourth and the third teleport
- to the right and onto the uppermost platform to the left to the sixth Clystron piece
- back again to the third teleport
- warp to the fourth, fifth and the sixth teleport outside the town
- to the left and get the seventh Clystron piece
- back to the sixth teleport
- now warp to the seventh and eighth teleport
- right to the lift and 4 levels lower
- again to the right and take the eighth Clystron piece
- Here you find a big map
- Load the file "CLYSTRON GAMES " and then enter the following POKEs:
- Then just start the game with
Darkstar: "A nice Jump'n'Run with great music and good graphics. Nothing revolutionary, but anyway a nice game for in between. Was always much fun to me."
FXXS: "Yuite nice to look at, but it doesn't really let the sparks fly. Especially that one can only shoot while walking is what I don't like about the gameplay. For the fun in the game I give 6 points, which can be raised to 7 by the good presentation."
deejay: "I know that Clystron is not the bringer. But I had to create something nice-looking for the Game-On competition at the time (prize 25.00 DM!!). Unfortunately, none of the entries by X-Ample won the prize. But great *RESPECT* to the authors here. Not even I had such an overall map of the game, although I had to put together all the levels..."
Robotron2084: "I've seldom seen such convincingly presented boredom. Seems more like an interactive grpahics demo than a serious game. 4 out of 10 points."
- Action and Empire +2
- Bonzai +3H
- CBA +2
- Chromance +4
- Enigma +1
- Fatum +2
- Hysteric +6
- Parados +2
- Parados +3
- Rough of Chromance +2
- Silence +2
- The Cracker Duo
- The Ruling Company +2
- X-Rax +3
- Ivanpaduano - 490.000 - all (27.07.2019)
- Camailleon - 151.000 (25.10.2010)
- TheRyk - 80.000 (04.02.2011)
- H.T.W - 53.000 (19.02.2009)
- C64Games.de - Game No. 1610
- Lemon64 - Game No. 509
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 1536
- Game On 7/91
- Releases from the CSDb
- LemonAmiga - Game No. 2914