The Tomb of Dracula
|The Tomb of Dracula|
|Voting||5.30 points, 10 votes|
|Genre||Arcade, RPG 3D, Labyrinth|
"The Tomb of Dracula (Reloaded-v2)"
Description[edit | edit source]
It gets night ... the vampires are hungry ... You cannot go back ... Your only chance to survive is in front of you. The door closes behind you and you enter the world of Dracula's grave chamber. You know that you are at the southern door of the first level. The walls are cold and slimy. With every step you could encounter horror figures: ghouls, zombies and blotters full of slime. In your hand you have for the start seven silver stakes for defense...
At the beginning of the adventure you are shown the a map of the first level of Dracula's tomb for a short time. Your aim is to find a way through the chamber to the stairs into the next level to steal the treasure of Dracula in the last level and find the exit into freedom. On the way you can collect further silver stales for your defense.... but beware ... you have only 30 minutes until Dracula awakes and appears.
Design[edit | edit source]
3D labyrinth with animated monsters. Scary music and sound in the background. Simple controls per keyboard (N = North, E = East, S = South, W = West, Y = yes, N = no).
Hints[edit | edit source]
- In the reloaded version you can choose between three difficulty levels (easy, medium or hard).
The meaning of the symbols on the map
Solution[edit | edit source]
- As the maps are generated randomly in every game, there is nothing left than trying to memorize the map in the short time in which it is shown, or to make a screenshot,.... ahem ...
- The program is quite mean, it can happen, that the map that is shown at the beginnung does not conform to the actual labyrinth...
Cheats[edit | edit source]
The program is written and compiled in BASIC. The following lines are interesting. From line 11400 starts the final evaluation, if you found the way out of the labyrinth. In 7450 the formula for the conditions is written. This line is called up if you reach some stairs. The variable "LV" is the level number.
7450 HD=INT(300*RND(1)+1):IFHD<16ANDLV>7THEN11400 ----- ----- 11400 -- 11403 -- 11405 X$="CONGRATULATIONS!":Y$="IT LEADS TO DRACULA'S TREASURE ROOM" 11406 -- 11407 -- 11409 -- 11410 X$="A TUNNEL LEADS OUT OF THE TOMB.":Y$="AFTER BRAVING"+STR$(VT)+" VAULTS" 11411 Z$="YOU LEAVE WITH"+STR$(SS)+" SILVER STAKES" 11412 GOSUB11499:X$="WORTH $"+STR$(SS*250)+", AND THE JEWELS!" 11413 Z$="A GRAND TOTAL OF �$"+STR$(500000+(SS*250))+"’.":GOSUB2500
And what does this tell us? Now, the first part of line 7450 calculates a random number between 1 and 300 and the second part of this line lets you only win, when the random number is smaller that 16 and at least level 8 has been reached. And if you are unlucky, you play until the cows come home...
Voting[edit | edit source]
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|5.30 points at 10 votes (rank 893).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||6||02nd July 2006 - "good" - 296 downs|
Critics[edit | edit source]
Sledgie: "It is fun to grope from room to room in the hope to snatch a few stakes and then successfully defeat the monsters. This is nothing for arcade fans and also no real role play. It is simply a funny labyrinth game."
H.T.W: "A really funny little game with nice animations which additionally trains the retentivity. Also the background music is successfully done. What I do not find so good is that if you are unlucky, you will never see the end. To get screenshots for the end animation I have changed the values in line 7450 a bit, I hop you will forgive me ;) ".
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- "The Tomb of Dracula" was released by K-Tel productions in 1983 and was shortly afterwards ported to the ZX spectrum and received in the tests mediocre votings. In 2002 the conversion for the C64 was started by Pitti and in 2004 the final C64-version was finished with the help of Richard Bayliss/TND and iAN CooG/HokutoForce+TWT.
Highscore[edit | edit source]
- Ivanpaduano - 56 Vaults - 6. Level (05.10.2020)
- H.T.W - 76 Vaults - 4. Level (19.03.2009)
- Sledgie - 39 Vaults - 2. Level (25.02.2004)
Links[edit | edit source]
- C64Games.de - Game No. 3685 (Reloaded v1 + v2)
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 16530 (Reloaded v1)
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 16565 (Reloaded v2)