|This article is very short and not very detailed. Please help to improve it.|
|Company||Precision Software Limited|
|Platform||VIC-20, C64, C128, Plus/4, PET|
|Information||Operates only floppy disk or tape!|
Follower: Superscript 64 / Superscript 128.
Easy Script was developed by Simon Tranmer from Precision Software Limited and sold by Commodore. Easy Script is one of the most powerful word processors available for any microcomputer. It allows you to create, store and modify text easily. This makes Easy Script ideal for writing reports, letters, books, memos, bulletins, in fact any type of document. The text can be stored on diskette or cassette so that it can be printed or modified as required"
Easy Script supports only the datasette 1530 (tape recorder) and a single or dual floppy disk drive like VIC-1541, also CBM 2031/4040/8050 via the IEEE interface.
Easy Script was sold alone or in bundles.
Additional programs[edit | edit source]
The following software enhanced Easy Script and made working with the software easier and more productive:
- Easy Spell (spelling checker with 20,000 words in master dictionary plus 10,000 user additions)
- Easy File (data base)
- Club Secretary
- Club Manager - bundle package with example files for Easy Script and Easy File.
Starting[edit | edit source]
After loading and starting of Easy Script, the start screen appears in grey colors. Firstly you must select following options:
- max. used numbers of chars in each line (min. 40 - max. 240)
- the using data media disk (D) or tape (T for datasette)
- the printer type (0-4):
- 0 for Commodore printers like VIC-1525/1526/1515/1520, 4022/4022P, 8023P, 8300, 6400
- 1 for MX80
- 2 for Spinwriter printers
- 3 for printer models of this companies Qume and Diabolo or also Commodore 8300
- 4 for other printers with centronics interface with a RS-232C cartridge like Smith Corona TP1/EL2000 or OKI Microline
After selecting all options Easy Script starts and is ready with the text editor mode for editing, changing or saving text documents.
Screen shoots and pictures[edit | edit source]
Literature[edit | edit source]
- Easy Script Handbuch by Commodore 1982 / (also other europe languages)
- Randall McMullan: "Working with Easy Script"; 1984
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Easy Script Manual by Commodore 1982