|Voting||6.46 points, 37 votes|
|Developer||Colo de Wergifosse|
|Gamemode||Single player |
2 players (in turns)
Description[edit | edit source]
This game Burnin' Rubber is a non-official conversion of the arcade machinenwith the same name, which again is a copy of the machine "Bump'n'Jump". It mainly consists of a street scrolling downwards which contains obstacles and also gaps, over which the player has to jump with his car.
Of course there are also other vehicles on this streetnwhich try to push away the player, but this possibility is also open to the player, which gets a different number of points depending on the vehicle type. Additionally, you can also try to reach the "superbonus" which you only get when you touch no opposing vehicle.
The hostile vehicles are divided into cars and trucks. Cars can be pushed into obstacles or turned into scrap by a well-directed jump. Trucks can only be eliminated by a jump due to their higher mass and they can also "unload" obstacles onto the street themselves.
The tracks have the seasons as their topic, whereby the winter scenario also contains icy parts. You get points for landing on another vehicle and for damaging them or pushing them from the track. You can only jump at a speed higher than 100 km/h.
Design[edit | edit source]
The race track and the cars are pictured from the bird's eye view. The race cars correspond roughly to the ones in the arcade model, the landscape is only shown in unicoloured areas. The background music is classic
Hints[edit | edit source]
- You can choose between 1- or 2-player mode (F1/F3) and set the level (F7) in the options screen.
- The game can be played in turns by two players with a joystick in port 2. You steer with joystick left and right, up is faster and down is slower. When reaching 100 km/h you can jump by pressing the fire button which is necessary for bridges and gaps in the track.
- Enemies: There are eight different opposing vehicles, whereby the most dangerous one is the "Dump Truck". It is faster than your car and unloads obstacles onto the street. "Deathmobiles" are the second most dangerous enemy. They are black with bone cross and skull. They are a bit slower than (but in higher levels at least as fast as) your car and also partially very intelligent. Yellow and green enemies are slower and easily pushed from the track. Tanks are very slow and actually not dangerous, but due to their weight they almost cannot be pushed from the track and so pose an obstacle.
- There are 32 levels.
Solution[edit | edit source]
- With the superbonus the actual task of the player is at first to avoid touching other cars (especially in the first level), as this is good for the points account and you already get an additional car at 70.000 points.
Cheats[edit | edit source]
No cheats known.
Voting[edit | edit source]
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|6.46 points at 37 votes (rank 664).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||3||21st September 2005 - "poor" 2918 downs|
|Lemon64||7,43||6th October 2006 - 51 votes|
|Rombach||7||September 1984 - "Voting 3"|
Reviews[edit | edit source]
Sledgie: "Nice idea for a game, but on the long run rather boring."
Guybrush: "Unfortunately it is motivating only for a short time, then it is too monotonous. Only 3 points from me."
Darkstar: "The game is a bit stupefying, the music is annoying and it has not the best graphics. However, in the past it had tied me to the screen for hours. I don't know why, but it kind of had something..."
Shakermaker303: "Again a cute old game. I think it was also sold under the name Bumpin' Buggies? Worth 6 out of 10 points..."
The Heist: "This game also fascinated me in its "cracked" disk version as one of the first ones, which kept stuck to my mind until today. This was probably up to the very coloured design, the in my remembrance nice music and the nice game principle. Flying - where the player's sprite was enlarged, which looked a bit silly - met the approval as much as the jostling of the opposing cars, which then crashed at the crash barrier. Nice children's game!"
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
Cassette: DECO Cassette System
Cassette: Software 64
Highscore[edit | edit source]
- Mindless - 171.471 - 7 (27.02.2019)
- FXXS - 170.728 (24.04.2015)
- Robotron2084 - 127.083 (07.08.2014)
- Tayo - 117.011 (24.02.2004)
- Helmutx - 113.472 (24.10.2010)
- Stefan Egger - 89.996 (07.02.2008)
- Worf - 59.955 (12.02.2004)
- H.T.W - 49.036 (20.10.2010)
- Ivanpaduano - 42.125 - 5 (27.05.2019)
- Keule - 33.460 (26.12.2012)
- Camailleon - 19.064 (25.10.2010)
- Sledgie - 3.907 (06.03.2004)
Links[edit | edit source]
- C64Games.de - Game No. 263
- Lemon64 - Game No. 399
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 1200
- Burnin' Rubber in the Killer List Of Videogames.
- Bump 'n' Jump in the Killer List Of Videogames.