|Developer||Michal Okowicki (alias Skull)|
|Musician||Owen Crowley (alias CRD), Sidder|
|Operation||CGA userport joy adapter)(|
|Information||released at Game Over(view) Freestyle Jam and on Commodore Free issue #075|
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|7.71 points at 17 votes (rank 164).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||9||7th July 2007 - "top" 1114 downs|
|CSDb||27 Votes: 9,2/10||7th July 2007 - 1121 downloads|
Bomberman 64 is a Bomberman clone as e.g. Bomb Squad or Bomb Mania and consists of 8 levels. In each level there is a hidden exit, which needs to be bombed free within a certain time limit. During this the player is hindered by different enemies. In the game several extras appear which can make it easier or harder. At the end of the eighth level the player has to face an end boss. The previous version was released 10 years ago under the name Boombastic Benny and comprised a battle-mode for 3 players. In 2013, a significantly extended version of the game was released also by Samar Productions, named Bomberland, which even contained a 5-player mode.
Bomberman is a mazelike computer game, whose aim is to destroy all obstacles and enemies by placing bombs skillfully. The game area consists of an assembly of destructible and indestructible walls. By laying down bombs greater areas of the field can be made accessible. Below the destructible walls you can find bonus items that can be collected. E.g. with a bomb the player gets an additional bomb. A flame raises the reach of a bomb by one size.
In the first levels there are single screens with nicely animated multicolour sprites and adequate sound effects. In the higher levels the game area is bigger, so that it gets scrolled. Unfortunately, Bomberman 64 has no multiplayer option. In the original version the highscore list is not saved.
Bomberman and his enemies
- For every destroyed enemy you will be awarded 100 - 2000 points.
Bonus items and exit
|Bomb||For each collected bomb you can lay down one more bomb at the same time|
|Flame||For each collected flame the reach of a bomb is raised by one field|
|Double arrow||Raises the speed of Bomberman|
|Through bombs||Bomberman can walk through bombs|
|Through walls||Bomberman can walk through walls|
|Remote ignition||Bombs get ignitable from remote (keep fire button pressed for a while to trigger laid out bombs)|
|Skull||Bomberman gets an additional talent such as higher speed, protective shield and so on. But there can also be a negative effect such as reversed controls, slower speed, smaller reach of the bombs, random laying down of bombs...|
|Exit||The exit hides below a destructible wall. All enemies need to be destroyed to activate the exit (flashes, when active))|
- The effect of the collected bonus items is taken over to the next level.
- Also bonus items and skulls can be bombed.
- You can find a trainer-version by "Onslaught" with 5 trainers (unlimited lives, unlimited time, invulnerable, skip level, choose starting level) and highscore saver here: Bomberman+5H CSDB-Release Nr. 46073
Sledgie: "The game is very well programmed and enrichens the C64 scene with a very good one player bomberman version. From me it gets the full 10 points."
Örg: "Well, thats how it should be. I think the game is fantastic! So also from the full 10."
- There was a contest in 2007, where they looked for the player who makes the 8 levels with the most points. More information is given in the scroll text in the title screen.
- Camailleon - 211.700 (14.03.2011)
- H.T.W - 180.700 (03.08.2009)
- Hugo - 149.900 (03.08.2009)
- Ivanpaduano - 138.500 (21.08.2019)
- Sledgie - 64.900 (01.07.2011)
- Keule - 58.600 (29.07.2017)