|Voting||6.89 points, 19 votes|
|Developer||Tony Ngo, Benny Ngo & Len Bertoni|
|Genre||Shoot'em Up, Space Invader|
Bandits is a similar game to the classic Space Invaders. However, in this game not only spaceships are attacked, but the invaders also try to grab fruits. The game is over when either all the player's spaceships are destroyed or all fruits were stolen. There are several types of invaders, that also attack together in the higher levels. To stand your ground against the rising number of enemies, a protective shield can be switched on.
Graphics and sound correspond to the standard of arcade halls at that time. They totally abstained from any music.
- You steer with the Joystick, whereby the movement forwards switches on the protective shield.
- The length of the violet bar at the lower border of the screen shows for how long the protective shield can still be used.
|Phalanx||35 or 75 points|
|Torrent||75 or 150 points|
- For each successfully defended fruit there are extra points at the end of the stage
- Each 10.000 points there is an extra life.
The version by Remember (available at C64Games) has 4 trainers (unlimited lives, unlimited shield energy, Bandits do not steal and level jump).
Furthermore you have the possibility to steer with the keyboard:
= activate shield
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|6.89 points at 19 votes (rank 437).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||7||15th June 2008 - "very good" - 4925 downs|
|Lemon64||7,5||15th June 2008 - 33 votes|
|Rombach||7||1984 "Vote 3"|
Rombach: "The game idea can equally be called funny or daffy (vote 3)."
Sledgie: "The game is good for shooting around "in between"; but on the long run (as with all Space-Invader-clones) too boring. Bandits was converted well and gets 6 points from me."
- Tayo - 137.395 (19.06.2004)
- Equinoxe - 97.465 (24.06.2012)
- TheRyk - 69.605 (01.11.2010)
- Robotron2084 - 64.730 (28.09.2010)
- Kleemi - 62.700 (05.08.2010)
- Equinoxe Junior - 58.270 (24.06.2012)
- Sledgie - 24.275 (15.06.2008)
- C64Freund - 23.420 (13.08.2004)
- Keule - 17.060 (25.12.2012)