B.C.'s Quest for Tires
|B.C.'s Quest for Tires|
|Voting||7.52 points, 50 votes|
|Publisher||Sierra Online, Stars, Mantra Software|
|Platform||C64, ZX Spectrum, MSX, Atari 400/800, ColecoVision, Apple II, PC|
|Gamemode||Single player |
2 players (in turns)
Description[edit | edit source]
Thor, the inventor of the Stone Age unicycle from the comic series "B.C.", has to rescue his girlfriend. He wobbles over meadows and hills, through forests and caves. On the way he has to jump over stones, holes and logs and duck under low hanging branches and stalactites. Betweeen the individual sections there are "end obstacles":
- the crossing of a river using turtles and tricking the woman with the club... (see picture)
- the crossing of lava by gripping to a birds feet
- the maximum speed-jump over a river
- the crossing of a river using turtles and tricking the dragon...
- Finding the way into the heart of the girlfriend with the following new start at a higher speed and extra life.
Design[edit | edit source]
Spartan comical graphics with a bumpy scrolling and only a minimum of sound do not prevent that you can have some fun with this game...
The scrolling is continuous, the character can only be steered further to the front or to the back. Independently you can also raise or lower the scrolling speed...
Hints[edit | edit source]
Controls[edit | edit source]
- F1 = start the game
- F3 = choose level
- F5 = one or two players
- F7 = pause
The game is operated by joystick in port 2.
- Right: character further to the front
- Left: character further to the back
- Up: jump
- Down: duck
- Fire+right: higher "speed"
- Fire+left: lower "speed"
Points[edit | edit source]
- 10 points for every "static" obstacle
- 15 points for rolling or falling stones
- points multiplied by two at "speed" between 30 and 48
- points multiplied by three at "speed" between 50 and 68
- points multiplied by four at "speed" between 70 and 80
- 100 points for cliff jump
- 200 points for river/lava crossing
- Bonus life at the end of the level (heart)
Solution[edit | edit source]
Cheats[edit | edit source]
POKE 7341,x - number of lives POKE 40464,0 - unknown POKE 14864,0 - unlimited lives POKE 11485,125 - unlimited lives POKE 13631,0 - stones are ignored SYS 28684 - restart game SYS 2240 - restart game
Voting[edit | edit source]
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|7.52 points at 50 votes (rank 253).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||7||13th February 2007 - "very good" 7231 downs|
|Lemon64||7,35||13th February - 72 votes|
|Rombachs C64-Spieleführer||8||September 1984 - "Voting 2"|
Reviews[edit | edit source]
FXXS: "Nice "roll & jump" for in between with a relatively easy entry difficult level. 7 points."
Rombachs C64-Spieleführer: "Mentally retarded Neanderthals armed with clubs need to get outwitted and hits by stones were far from rare in these days. In short, the Stone Age biker has not an easy time and especially not the player. The characters are due to their funny animations suited to cause cheeriness. A versatile and difficult game, where success can only be seen after some practice and trying out. (Voting 2)."
Shakermaker303: "Alas, this was always nice. I liked the guy, who bravely rushed towards the cry for help, no matter what oh so great dangers were approaching him. The sound was cute, I so much liked the sound while hopping or ducking in combination with the rolling stone. A game that really everybody can play, funny graphics and cute game ideas. Even my old dad liked it, although he basically despised computer games. The ending sequence wiht the woman was also cute, where the heart came flying to him :-). For me personally the full 10 points."
Klaws: "One of the games, that keep stuck in your memory. Of course mainly because of the amusing character, but also because playing it was simply fun. Even after a few years you galdy search out the game again. Graphics and sound probably won't win a prize, but they fit the game. I give 9 out of 10 points."
Blubarju: "This one and Kaiser were the first games that I have played on a C64. At that time it was at a friend's, who curiously always named this game Oerm. Well, probably due to the funny soundFXs while jumping. Overall well-done! 8 points."
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
BC's Quest for Tires is based on the comic strip B.C. by Johnny Hart, which appears on a daily basis in US newspapers since 1985.
Cover[edit | edit source]
Advertisement[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
Highscore[edit | edit source]
- Mindless - 25.360 (24.02.2019)
- Camailleon - 21.045 (15.08.2010)
- Helmutx - 18.740 (14.08.2010)
- Werner - 9.565
- Ivanpaduano - 9.345 (06.07.2018)
- FXXS - 8.835
- Blubarju - 5.790 (11.04.2009)
Links[edit | edit source]
- C64Games.de - Game No. 702
- Lemon64 - Game No. 245
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 696
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 19887 Troglodita Clap
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 24727 Gugù l'uomo preistorico
- C64.com - Game No. 370
- ready64 - Game No. 400
- ZZap64 test report
- Test Report No. 2783 on Kultboy.com
- TheLegacy entry no.1557
- The SixtyFour Originals DataBase - Game No. 426