|Publisher||Access Software, Americana Software|
|Release||1984 Access Software, |
1986 Americana Software (re-release)
|Platform||C64, Atari 400/800XL/XE|
|Genre||Platformer, Jump & Run|
|Gamemode||Single player |
2 players (in turns)
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|6.42 points at 12 votes (rank 574).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||7||8th December 2010 - "vey good" 2263 downs|
|Lemon64||6,6||04th January 2011 - 16 votes|
The aim of the game is to guide Ollie safely through 24 rooms. A locked exit can be opened with a key. If Ollie reaches the opened exit, he will enter the next room. After touching an "Energizer", Ollie's hair colour changes to white. Now he has five seconds to eliminate some robots.
- Game elements
- pipe systems
- spring boards
- tightrope walks
- laser beams
Simply kept, clear multicolour graphics without scrolling. The platforms are shown in 3D. Pleasant sound effects emphasize certain situations in the game. The title music was later built into the Americana version in 1986.
In the upper status area the current player (1 or 2) is flashing. Further information as points, room number and highscore follow.
- Controls in the title screen
- number of players: 1 or 2
- start the game
- Controls in the game
- move character left/right
- jump up (multiple jumps are possible)
- + jump in walking direction (multiple jumps are possible)
- or : abort game - back to the title screen
- There is no time limit. If the character is in a safe place, the room can be analysed calmly to find a solution.
- If you let go of the fire button after a jump, the character will move some more into the viewing direction.
- Multiple jumps are possible (also into the opposite direction)
A password system was built into the version by Americana. If the password is entered correctly while the game is running the player gets into the desired room.
Werner: "A stable Jump & Run game without big weaknesses. The difficulty grade is balanced, there are no unfair situations. But the game is also no big highlight. Upscale mean - I give 8 points for the Americana version."
Screenshot comparison C64 / Atari 8-Bit
The Atari 8-Bit version plays the title melody a bit faster and the sound effects a bit smoother than the C64 version. Controls and game speed are almost identical.
Longplay: Rooms 1-15
- Werner - 12.800 - Room 18 (12.05.2011)
- Camailleon - 10.410 - Room 14 (12.05.2011)
- Ivanpaduano - 8.580 - Room 9 (16.07.2019)
- Blubarju - 6.100 - Room 6 (13.05.2011)
- ZZap64 test report