Linux Engineer by day C64 game player by night… This wiki has a healthy number of game entries and the number of articles grows at a steady clip. I like games, but I mainly focus on hardware and C64 applications in my writing on this wiki.
My C64 Rig
Peripherals & Connectors
- Disk IEC port: SDrive 1564 for loading D64 disk images from SD cards.
- Tape Port: µCassette for playing tape based games via MP3 player over a 3.5mm jack.
- DIN video out: RCA component video connectors.
- 2× TAC 30 joysticks.
- 2× Atari 2600 paddle controllers.
- Commodore MPS-1200 Printer.
- None of this stuff actually exists, but it should!
- C64 control/joystick port to Bluetooth. It would be wonderful to connect Bluetooth game pads to the C64.
- An SD2IEC that has full 1541/71/81 drive emulation. It isn't a thing now, but it probably will be eventually.
- C64R motherboards that are actually in stock for longer than the 30 seconds it takes for them to sell out!
Hardware Lost to Time…
- My Commodore 128D which — sadly — was completely fried by a power supply failure when I was about 14 years old. Needless to say, I learned my lesson and no longer use a stock power supply.