|3D Pinball Power|
|Voting||5.88 points, 26 votes|
|Platform||Amstrad CPC, C64, ZX Spectrum|
|Gamemode||Single player |
|Information||aka: "Pinball Power"|
Description[edit | edit source]
3D Pinball Power is a very realistic pinball simulation. The table is designed as an "oldtimer pinball", which is built up very simply. With 5 balls you try to play as long as possible and reach a high score. As extras there is a "bonus display" (above the flippers), the corresponding "bonus trap" and if "special" is lit an extra ball. Targets are a "Black Hole" (between the three bumpers), three "Revolver Lines" (above the bumpers), a "Hairpin" (in the middle of the table), three "Tombstone Targets" (right of the middle of the table) and six "Sidebar Lights" (left and right of the middle of the table).
Design[edit | edit source]
3D depiction of the whole pinball table. Realistic sound effects. The animation of the ball and the accessories as bumpers, etc. is very successful. Otherwise there is no background music. The animations of the ball and the accessories as bumpers, etc. are done very successfully. An option for miore than one player was omitted. Also there is unfortunately no highscore list.
Hints[edit | edit source]
Controls[edit | edit source]
- If you play the game with an emulator it is advisable to configure both joystick ports as unoccupied.
- Unfortunately there is not tilt function.
- Control is done by keyboard:
|= start game|
|= shoot ball|
|= left flipper (left CTRL when using emulator)|
|= right flipper|
Targets[edit | edit source]
- The Bonus Wheel where the current bonus points are shown is above the two flippers. If "Special" lights up and the ball gets into the Bonus Trap", you get an extra ball. The Bonus Trap is in the upper right of the table.
- In the three ball paths at the upper rim of the table there are three displays that are switched and get you each 50 points when the ball passes. If all three are lit, you get 200 points and the bonus wheel is raised by 400.
- Outer flipper paths: if the ball runs here whil the display is lit, there are full 2.500 points.
Solution[edit | edit source]
- Here also the old flipper proverb is valid: do not rudder around wildly with the flippers, but try to stop the ball with flippers in upward position and then try to hit the targets with an aimed shot.
Cheats[edit | edit source]
Voting[edit | edit source]
|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|5.88 points at 26 votes (rank 800).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||8||28th April 2011 - "super" 7259 downs|
|Commodore Format||75%||Issue 5 2/91|
|Lemon64||7||21st July 2013 - 25 votes|
|Ready64||7.29||21st July 2013 - 7 votes|
Critics[edit | edit source]
Sledgie: "I think this pinball simulation in one of the best for the C64. The missing music doesn't bother, because this is a model of an older pinball. For me the realistic playability is important in a pinball simulation, which is fully reached by this pinball."
FXXS: "A bit too much coincidence and a bit too few targets to be really fun. In fact this is common with the real pinball games in the 1960s, but for the C64 in 1989 there should have been realized a bit more. 7 points."
blubarju: "This flipper does not reach my personal favourite Night Mission Pinball but it knows how to please. FXXS is right in moaning about the lack of targets. There could have been a bit more of them. Altogether good 7 points from me."
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
Highscore[edit | edit source]
- PAT - 103.820 (09.07.2016)
- Equinoxe - 87.690 (01.08.2011)
- FXXS - 79.900 (26.05.2014)
- Werner - 77.620 (19.07.2011)
- H.T.W - 63.990 (30.11.2012)
- Ralph Wiggum - 29.240 (14.09.2010)
- Jodigi - 28.440 (30.04.2012)
- Sledgie - 23.060 (30.05.2009)
- Sam - 22.440 (28.08.2008)
- Rough - 21.680 (10.02.2016)
- Blubarju - 19.210 (04.04.2012)
- Camailleon - 10.000 (23.09.2010)
- Dehryen - 9.040 (30.05.2009)
- C64Freund - 7.550 (13.08.2004)
Links[edit | edit source]
- C64Games.de - Game No. 889
- Lemon64 - Game No. 20
- Gamebase64.com - Game No. 5702
- ZZap64 test report
- ready64 - Game No. 47