INPUT 64 (ISSN 0177-3771) was a computer magazine for the C64, which was published monthly in Germany from 1985 until 1988. It contains a data medium like a datasette or a floppy disk, which a electric computer magazine (today known as diskmag).
The title of the magazine is named similair with the BASIC command INPUT, which is using for input datas. The first letters of the subtitles words are together "INPUT 64" (German words Infos, News, Programme, Unterhaltung and Tips). That was also the concept of this computer magazine.
It was published by the Publisher Heise Verlag from Hannover in the years 1985 until 1988. The first floppy disk version was published in 04/1985. The last tape version was published in 07/1987. Since the issue 08/1987 was changed the format of the magzine from A5 in 5,25". Each magazine contain 36 sites.
2 special issue was published:
- "INPUT 64 Special 1": With a complete English grammar course (short: EGRAM)
- "INPUT 64 Special 2": With the assembler editor / monitor INPUT ASS and a assembler course for the chip 6502/6510, also a simulator 6502/6510 and a re-assembler.
The advantage of the thise magazine was, that over the diskmag menu the readers the programs can easily load and start. The software was described in detail in the print computer magazine. The tape and the floppy disk was write protected!
After a short intro with music (main theme) appears the diskmag menu. The programs are short descripted in this menu. With the key can changed the program, which is load by pushing the key .
The Diskmag Control
- + Print actually screen. (since issue 4/85)
- + Change the background color. (since issue 1/86)
- + Help - a menu with the INPUT 64 function keys appears. (since issue 1/85)
- + Go back to the INPUT 64 diskmag menu by leaving the loaded program. (since issue 1/85)
- + Break up the intro. (since issue 3/85)
- + Change the frame color. (since issue 1/86)
- OS INPUT 64. (since issue 1/85) + Save the loaded program on another data medium, because some functions of some programs aren't allowed under the diskmag
|Issue 01/1985||Issue 02/1985||Issue 03/1985||Issue 04/1985||Issue 05/1985||Issue 06/1985||Issue 07/1985||Issue 08/1985||Issue 09/1985||Issue 10/1985||Issue 11/1985||Issue 12/1985|
|Issue 01/1986||Issue 02/1986||Issue 03/1986||Issue 04/1986||Issue 05/1986||Issue 06/1986||Issue 07/1986||Issue 08/1986||Issue 09/1986||Issue 10/1986||Issue 11/1986||Issue 12/1986|
|Issue 01/1987||Issue 02/1987||Issue 03/1987||Issue 04/1987||Issue 05/1987||Issue 06/1987||Issue 07/1987||Issue 08/1987||Issue 09/1987||Issue 10/1987||Issue 11/1987||Issue 12/1987|
|Issue 01/1988||Issue 02/1988||Issue 03/1988||Issue 04/1988||Issue 05/1988||Issue 06/1988||Issue 07/1988||Issue 08/1988||Issue 09/1988||Issue 10/1988||Issue 11/1988||Issue 12/1988|
|Special Issue 01||Special Issue 02|
The programs, which are contains on the diskmag are listed in the German C64-Wiki.