New category "Games from year"[edit source]
welcome to the engl. C64-Wiki. Your change the standard "category year" that we use in german c64-wiki), to the new category "game from year". I think it's a good idea, but in the infoboxes "Release" we just link to the standard "category year". Should we change the boxes?
--Sledgie 07:32, 7 October 2007 (CEST)
- At first I was trying to avoid a "naming conflict" between specific years, and the kind of memory location articles that I've "spammed" this place with recently. But come to think of it, there currently is no conflict between a category by the name of e.g. the year 2005, and an article about the memory address 2005, so I think I'd better do what I can to revert the "mess" I caused yesterday – the rest of you just keep your "heading and flight level" in the games boxes as per the german C64-Wiki's system...!
- I come to the understanding that a category like Category:1987 is about anything and everyting regarding the C64 that happened in that year; hardware and software releases, major events in the Commodore company or elsewhere in the "community" around the machine etc. If this is correct, I'll put a caption that conveys this on the existing year categories...
- And while I'm at it: Rather than the quite "dead" forum (requiring it's own login besides the user login here at the Wiki), how come you don't have a page equivalent to the "village pump" page at most other Wikis? It's the "perfect place" for necessary little discussions like this one, about things that may be of importance to a lot of users and a lot of pages in the project.
- BinaryDane 11:52, 7 October 2007 (CEST)
- You are right about the years and the category. The forum is good place to discuss problems like this. We´ve not an own forum, because if possible we disuss on the articles. The Forum-64.de is a place to speak also non-wiki-user (german-speaking). For the english C64-Wiki is the first step, if you think its better to open the forum for all users, we try it. --Sledgie 15:42, 7 October 2007 (CEST)
- Now, C64Doc the admin of Forum64.de opens the C64-boards for guests... So if you want, you can post the category-question. --Sledgie 17:45, 7 October 2007 (CEST)
Hi BinaryDane[edit source]
Hi ya crazy 8-bit man, you are everywhere aren't you ;) I mean...if you're not in my computer...you're in yours and if you're not in yours, you're on the net, ya 8-bid coding maniac ;)
- I sure am. Real men don't do backups; they just get the Internet to mirror their important files. And this looks like the perfect place for a whole bunch of very important docs about the good ol' breadbox! BinaryDane 21:16, 30 October 2007 (CET)