Contrary to the dot-matrix printers their production costs are low, due to their simple construction with a correspondingly high operating time. However, the disadvantages outweigh the disadvantages: During printing there is a very loud noise, the printing performance is very low (i .e. very long printing times) and the printing resolution is low.
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- Low susceptibility to faults due to simple technology.
- Carbon copies can be made.
- Usability of continuous paper.
- Low purchase and operating costs.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- Very high noise level during printing.
- Very poor resolution.
- Unsuitable for graphics.
- Very long side printing time.