|This article is very short and not very detailed. Please help to improve it.|
|Price:||39€ (include shipping worldwide)|
Prophet64 is a SID music software cartridge for the Commodore 64, created sometime in the early 2000s. The development was started in 1996 and after 8 years this version was finished and published by prophet64.com.
By using the Prophet 64 cartridge in the C64, this homecomputer converts into a monophonic synthesizer with a TB-303 style sequencer. These modern music studio is user friendly and easy to handling.
Prophet 64 supports MIDI and a second SID chip.
- If you need MIDI connection, you need third party MIDI interfaces
- Also you can install a second SID chip with a SID2SID circuit board
This software has 4 different modes:
- Mono Synthesizer
It supported the use of two SID chips in one machine.
The software is currently discontinued, and it's successor, MSSIAH, took its place. MSSIAH is an update to Prophet64, that includes MIDI features and a MIDI-DIN connector on the cartridge.
- News & Infos
- Analogik.com: "Prophet 64 – Software synthesizer for Commodore 64", 24.11.2010
- synthtopia.com: "Prophet 64", 23.02.2004
- remix64.com: "Prophet 64 Cartridge released", 05.06.2006