From C64-WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|This article is very short and not very detailed. Please help to improve it.|
The SuperPLA was created by Jens Schönfeld via reverse engineering as a modern replacement for the failure prone PLA chip. The SuperPLA v3 adds no additional functionality but is fully compatible with virtually every system that ever used the PLA chip by simple jumper setting.
The PLA logic is implemented in a PLD that extends over the socket's edge. It is 100% compatible with the PLA chip it replaces with only two known exceptions
- The SwinSID Nano experiences timing issues if the SuperPLA is installed.
- Epyx Fastload cartridge will if used with a system that has a SuperPLA installed.
Links[edit | edit source]
- Webshop at www.vesalia.de
- Webshop at www.sinchai.de
- Developer website of SuperPLA at wiki.icomp.de