Dragon Wars/Character Values
From C64-WikiJump to navigationJump to search
<< back to Dragon Wars
- STR - STRENGTH: The immediate effect of great strength is the ability to do great harm to enemies. Strength is also useful to break items, lift heavy objects and open closed bins. Great strength is also needed to use certain weapons. In a weapon shop you can partially see what strength is needed to use the corresponding weapon.
- DEX - DEXTERITY: High dexterity makes you agile, raises your chance to hit the enemy and lowers the chance to get hit yourself. Dexterity is also used to set the order in a fight (high dexterity for the front places). You can also use this by equipping a magically skilled character with low dexterity, so it can speak healing spells at the end of a fight round.
- INT - INTELLIGENCE: Basically: A character is always as intelligent as the player that steers it! This value is important to learn spells and solve puzzles. Intelligence also raises the probability to hit an enemy with a spell.
- SPR - SPIRIT: This value shows the spiritual strength of a character and is important for some spells and the resistance against evil hostile spells. Spirit also defines the number of points that are left for a magically skilled character.
- POW - POWER : Power is derived from spirit and represents the spell points that are contained in a magic spell. After a spell has been cast, the power points are not regenerated. You need to find a Dragon-Stone and use it to raise the power again. That is why Power Points should be used carefully.
- HEALTH: Health is extremly important as the character dies if it is at zero. Health can only be recovered with some spells, by visiting a healer or with the "Bandage" skill. Death in Oceana is usually for ever but legends tell a story that someone can find the Spring of Souls in the depth of the Underworld of Magan, in which a resurrection is possible.
- STUN: This is a part of health and shows the ability of a character to suffer injuries until he is numb. Characters are generelly stunned before the health goes to zero.
- SEX: Male, female or sometimes, none
- EXPERIENCE: A character gets experience points for killing monsters and solving puzzles. If a great enough number of experience points have been reached, the level of the character is raised.
- LEVEL: As soon as a character reaches a higher level, the computer will let you know. At the start, the character will reach a higher level relatively fast, from the fifth level this will slow down, as the range between the levels gets higher. As soon as a character reaches a new level, he gets two character points, that can be used for skills or attributes.
- AC - ARMOR CLASS: This shows the quality of the armour. The more (and better) armour a character carries, the more hits he will be able to cope with before his health and stun are lowered. Armour doesn't make it harder for your enemy to hit, but elongates your character's life. Note: Armour does not add anything to the DV of your character and it can also lower his AV, but it can save his life.
- AV & DV - ATTACK VALUE & DEFENSE VALUE : These factors are based on the DEX value divided by four and are basic values that influence the fight. These values should be as high as possible as you can read from them how often you have to hit an enemy and how often you can be hit by an enemy. Different items can raise or lower these values, weapons always raise the AV, while armour will lower these values. The AV of a character is differently based for magic fight and weapon fight on the magic skills and weapon skills.
<< back to Dragon Wars