- User talk:Jodigi/Old Discussions (until 2014)
- Discussions in German about C64-Wiki.com: DE:Benutzer_Diskussion:Jodigi/Englisches_C64-Wiki
 Wanted Page List Length
Hi Jodigi. On the 'Wanted Page', do you think you could add another list length to include 1000 and 2000? At the moment it only goes to 500. Many thanks.--Charliefourzero (talk) 20:45, 11 January 2015 (CET)
- I can't change the standard limits in the media wiki, but I have add 2 links for your request. Please, see Talk:Main_Page.
- This longer listing can be take some minutes --Jodigi (talk) 06:25, 12 January 2015 (CET)
- Thank you very much. You are very welcome Charliefourzero. --Jodigi (talk) 07:17, 13 January 2015 (CET)
 Info October 2015
Hi Jodigi, I have put some information about myself on my user page as requested. psionl0
- That looks very good, tyvm. --Jodigi (talk) 23:13, 30 October 2015 (CET)
I found this wiki only recently and thought it would be fun to contribute. I thought a simple way to get started would be to fix obvious errors — I'm glad you approve.
- Is this site being translated from a German original?
- How long has this site been around?
- Is there any specific area that needs the most work?
That's a very good idea for starting up.
About your questions:
- Most of the articles of the (international, English) C64-Wiki.com are translated from our first project (the German) C64-Wiki.de, but you can write own articles by using our article standards. These standards you can see in the text scources of old articles in both C64-Wiki's. Another way is it to use some article templates - for example computer games --> see Sample article. Another templates are found under Template. Sorry, in the English C64-Wiki.com we are liberal by using all English words, not specially American, Canadian or British English!
- We started with the C64-Wiki.com in 2007. A little bit earlier with C64-Wiki.de (in April 2005). PS: If aren't English C64-Wiki.com articles in the German C64-Wiki.de, we translate also English articles into German.
- You can write or help by your interests of your computer hobbies. Constantly game articles are translated by Camailleon from German into English. We haven't enough english speaking (writing) people, who writes about normal software (like: applications, tools) or technicals, hardware and programming for the needed several coding languages. If you mean, that some things missed here, feel write about it. Our main focus is the C64 and Commodore home computers and the computer aera of 1970s until middle 1990s (the Commodore operation time) for basics and old computer systems.
I'm German and administrate both C64-Wikis since some years...
For a good teamwork in the next time.
Sincerely yours Jodigi
PS: Not every und must translated into and, because some names and titles of companies, games and books aren't translated! Like the German company and publisher "Markt und Technik" or the German game title "Mit Jeans und Hellebarde" (or use the original English game title).
PS2: In the moment the problem with und are finished! --Jodigi (talk) 06:38, 6 March 2016 (CET)
 Somehow IP Banned
I'm not sure what on earth I did, but somehow my IP got banned from viewing this wiki. It's strange, I was in the middle of updating my user page when it happened. Did I edit too many articles too quickly?
I thought the site was down. ALL http:// connections are refused.
Please unban 22.214.171.124
- Sorry, but I didn't know why you are banned. We have no automatically blocks here.
- Registered users can edit a lot.
- Sometimes it could be, that the server or the C64-Wiki.com/.de hang for little time. This is not a ground for panic. --Jodigi (talk) 06:16, 6 March 2016 (CET)
 Template Feedback Request
Thanks again for being welcoming when I joined the community here. Yes, I got too aggressive with und clean-up. But, it seems all fixed now. Also, the IP ban problem seems to have gone away for now.
I have created a new template called Data Storage Device I would like your comments on it. To see it live look at the Commodore 1541 article. Please leave constructive feedback in the template discussion page thanks!
- Hi Load81,
- Thank you very much for the info. You can also start to ask only on the discussion site of the edited or started article. I see that through the edit history (recent changes) and if I have time, I answer. :))
- Sincerly --Jodigi (talk) 02:01, 11 March 2016 (CET)
 A better stub?
- That's perfect, tyvm. --Jodigi (talk) 22:36, 31 March 2016 (CEST)
 Mobile Support?
Have the admins ever considered adding mobile support to this wiki? It's kind of a pain to view this site on a mobile phone or tablet. You might consider installing Extension:MobileFrontend. A lot of traffic on the modern web is mobile. —Load81 (talk) 13:32, 29 July 2016 (CEST)
- Thank you very much for your request. Please, for general ideas, questions and requests we talk about in the English C64-Wiki-Forum at Forum64.
- I have add also your request there. --Jodigi (talk) 22:14, 29 July 2016 (CEST)
- Our system admin has answered, that it takes some weeks (or a few months) to upgrade this into our C64-Wiki. Remember, we all work only in our free time here! --Jodigi (talk) 21:43, 31 July 2016 (CEST)
 Re: my user page
"Can you talk something more about you in your user profile (on your user page). That will be nice."
All right, I don't want to force that, but if you check this image and find it good modification enough to upload it into User Port article then I say thank you. - DaveJB (talk) 20:22, 3 August 2016 (CEST)
- Please, make more edits and you can also upload pictures.--Jodigi (talk) 01:16, 4 August 2016 (CEST)