- User talk:Jodigi/Old Discussions (until 2012)
- Discussions in German about C64-Wiki.com: DE:Benutzer_Diskussion:Jodigi/Englisches_C64-Wiki
Hi Jodigi. On the Main Page where it says, "Thereof are XXX articles under construction!" can you change it to say "There are XXX articles under construction and XXXX articles required"? This will reflect the amount of deadlinks or pages there are left to be written. I am trying to reduce them but a gauge of progress would be nice! Thanks in advance, --Charliefourzero 09:53, 21 September 2014 (CEST)
- Sorry, in the moment I habe some trouble with my internet connection.
- Sorry, for the required articles doesn't exists a special variable for counting. To change the number of required articles manually isn't wise!
- In the moment we have about 7.200 red links for required articles.
- Have you an idea for easy counting the required articles? --Jodigi 06:58, 22 September 2014 (CEST)
- You are right, it is not wise to enter the figure manually. If there is not a variable specifically for counting redlinks, then can you use the wiki code on the "Wanted pages"? As it is a "Special page" I can not view the code as there is no edit function. However, on the last page of "Wanted pages" it states "Showing below up to XXX results starting with YYY". Can XXX and YYY (from the last page) be added together? --Charliefourzero 21:17, 22 September 2014 (CEST)
- The special page Wanted Pages is created just in time, if you click the link wanted pages. There isn't a special variable, that i can read out.
- You can only manipulate the link, with the parameters limit and offset:
- But I can't read out this, because this values are temporary and not fix. --Jodigi 02:59, 23 September 2014 (CEST)
- You are are a star! Is that a dynamic update though? Or do you have to manually alter it? Regardless, it does look better! I have been searching on MediaWiki for a Redlink numbering solution but with no success--Charliefourzero 11:50, 23 September 2014 (CEST)