The Commodore disk drive SFD-1001 was build in 1984/85. It has got a storage capacity up to 1 MByte (1.066.496 bytes equals 4166 blocks, ca. 4100 useable) for 5,25"-disks and it has got a IEEE-488 interface. The data transfer is parallel. Also it is 5 times as fast (ca. 1500 bytes/s) as the floppy VIC-1541. It can also used on CBM-PETs and with the right connector on C64/128, too. The disk drive has build in the Commodore-DOS 2.7 version.
 Connection to C64
There are a lot of options for connecting a SFD-1001 to a C64 /C128 /C16...
- Different cartridges with IEEE-488 connector.
- Interport for connection on IEC Bus.
- IEC-IEEE488 (firm NLQ)
 Technical Details
- Chips: 2x MOS 6502 (CPU) with 1 MHz
- RAM: 4 kbyte
- ROM: 32 kbyte
- Dimensions: 97×200×374 mm (3.8×7.8×14.7 inches)
- Weight: 9 kg (? lb)
- Current supply: 220V with 50 Hz and 0,3A
- Power input: ?W