|Processor:||6502 (2 installed)|
The Commodore SFD-1001 floppy disk drive was build in 1984/85. It has a storage capacity up to 1 MByte (1.066.496 bytes equals 4166 blocks, ca. 4100 useable), using 5.25" double-side, double-density disks and has a IEEE-488 interface. On average, the SFD-1001 is five times as fast (ca. 1500 bytes/s) as the 1541 floppy drive. The SFD-1001 could be attached to any eight bit Commodore computer with an IEEE-488 port, such as the CBM-PET models. Connection to the C64/128 was possible with a suitable adapter, such as a BusCard. The SFD-1001's DOS is version 2.7.
 Connection to C64
There are a lot of options for connecting a SFD-1001 to a C64 /C128 /C16...
- Different cartridges with IEEE-488 connector.
- Interport for connection on IEC Bus.
- IEC-IEEE488 (firm NLQ)
 Technical Details
- Chips: 2x MOS 6502 (CPU) with 1 MHz
- RAM: 4 kbyte
- ROM: 32 kbyte
- Dimensions: 97×200×374 mm (3.8×7.8×14.7 inches)
- Weight: 9 kg (19.8 lb)
- Current supply: 220V with 50 Hz and 0,3A
- Power input: ?W