|Type:||Dot Matrix Printer|
The original name of the printer was VIC-1526 resp. 1526. Both printers MPS-802 and 1526 are identical except for the labels on the front and back.
 Technical Data
- Print method: Matrix print (Impact Dot Matrix)
- Print method: Bidirectional print
- Dot-Matrix: 8×8-Dots
- Row length: Max. 80 Columns
- Row distance: 6 Z/inch in char mode, 9 Z/inch in graphics mode (1 inch = 2.54 cm)
- Print speed: 60 chars/sec.
- Paper transport: Tractor
- Paper width: 4.5 to 10 inch (8.5 inch without tractor index paper)
- Copies/carbon copies: Original + 3 carbon copies
- Ink-ribbon type: 629
- Graphics: Dot matrix, 8 vertical dots/column, 640 dots horizontal
- Interface: 2×serial IEC-Bus
- CPU: MOS 6504
 Device Number
The device number is set to 4 by default. It can be changed via jumpers on the PCB from 4 to 11.
For the MPS-802, two extensions are known. The first, called SUPER-ROM, was published in the German magazine 64'er. The MPS-802 has 9 needles, the hardware can operate only 8 of them. So there is also a little hardware modification necessary. In addition to some bugfixes the printer knows now 8 ESC/P-commands for graphic printing. The second one is the GRAFIK-ROM II and was available for 78,- DM. It contains support for 19 MPS-801 commands and 3 ESC/P commands for graphic printing.