|This article is very short and not very detailed. Please help to improve it.|
Cross-Development is the name of all development processes by that the programming software isn't identically with the developement system. For example: Programming or develpoment on a PC C64 or Commodore software.
 Examples for cross development for C64
- ACME: Cross-assembler for the PC by Marco Baye
- cc65: A complete compiler suit by Ullrich von Bassewitz
- DASM: By Matt Dillon]
- KickAssembler (or short: "KickAss"): A Java based Cross-Assembler by Camelot, runs on all java supported systems like Windows, Linux, OS X, etc.
- Petcat: Tokenizer for converting BASIC programs of .PRG formt into a .TXT file and vice versa by Viceteam
- TASS: "Turbo Assembler", primarily for native programming, afterwards a Cross-Assembler for DOS, also unix, Linux or Windows32
- vasm (vbcc): A cross-assembler for MOS 6502 compatible CPUs.
- xa: A multi-pass cross-assembler for 8-bit CPUs of the 6502 series (6502, 65C02, 6504, 6507, 6510, 7501, 8500, 8501 and 8502), Rockwell R65C02 and 16-bit 65816 CPU.
- Bas.Edit: A PC editor for (z.B. mit Petcat umgewandelte) BASIC programs by Björg Stojalowski
- C64list: A BASIC program editor and a cross-assembler for Windows by Jeff Hoag
- C64 Studio: A developement studio for BASIC and assembler by Georg Rottensteiner (Endurion)
- CBM prg Studio: A developement studio for BASIC and assembler under Windows by Arthur Jordison
- Notepad++: A powerfully text editor, which supported cross-assembler-programmming by DoHo
- Relaunch64: Specially for programming with divers cross-assembler based text editor by Payday
- C64 Converter: Tool for online converting of .PNG/.GIF/.JPG into C64 .FLI/.KLA by ALeX Kazik
- ConGo: Software for image editting of C64 graphics formats on a PC by Matthias Matting
- Multicolor2Char: Software for converting .BMP pictures in a char set and a tile matrix by Mayday!
- PETSCII: Software for creating PETSCII graphics on a PC by fit
- PixCen: Software for image editting of C64 graphics formats on a PC by Censor Design
- Project One: Software for image editting of a lot of C64 graphics formats on a PC by Resource
 Sound and Music
- GoatTracker: Cross-Composing Tool or a SID-Tracker for the PC (now also Mac and MorphOS) by Covert Bitops
- Hubbard2Goattracker: Software for converting a lot of SID files by Rob Hubbard for the GoatTracker format .SNG by Stello Doussis