|Voting of the C64-Wiki users (10=the best vote):|
|5.73 points at 11 votes (rank 582).|
You need to be logged in to cast a vote.
|C64Games||6||15th October 2005 - "good" - 573 downs|
The prelude: In another dimension, in another time two battlesome twin brothers named "Bang" and "Boom are sent for punishment to the "Bomb Squad Pit" to finally settle their quarrel there. The fight is conducted by the mean of bombs that are laid, goes for 3 rounds (with a time limit of 3 minutes) and the loser will be banned...
So the job is clear: The opponent needs to be blown up three times (or get touched by the other ghosts). During this time you need to beware of sneaking enemies and be careful not to fall apart yourself by your own bombs. During the fight in the channels you can find some extras lying around every now and then. If you pick up these bonuses, you will get more speed, bombs or farther reach of the bombs.
A simple Bomberman clone, unfortunately only for two players at the same time. It is shown by a 2D-labyrinth that fits onto one screen. Player and ghosts are sprites and move rather fast. You can choose between background music or FX (in the original version this is faulty, was fixed in the version by Amnesia) during the game.
- Joystick port#1 controls "Bang" (lower right corner)
- Joystick port#2 controls "Boom" (upper right corner)
- By pressing the fire button a bomb is laid down which a short time later will explode.
|Magic potion||Pawn moves faster|
|Cannon||Bomb power increases by each one reach|
|Flashing bomb||Number of bombs to be laid increases by each one bomb|
Main characters & enemies
| Boom |
|The two battlesome brothers|
|Enemy 1||Cannot walk through obstacles|
|Enemy 2||Can also get through walls|
- Absolutely avoid the corners of the labyrinth, as here the danger of bombing yourself up is the greatest...
- Try to enlarge your free moving space as quick as possible by blowing up the walls, as enemy 2 is certain death...
- If you have collected several bombs, the strategy to lay down a wall of bombs in the middle of the game area could by very promising...
Sledgie: "Unfortunately, the game can only be played with two players. But it is much fun and the motivation stays for long. You even need to think strategically. The ghost are quite nice, but they are disturbing as they run around in a very uncontrolled manner. Even the best strategy doesn't help there."
Jammet: "I always thought Bomb Squad was super 'gum good' =^_^=."
Guybrush: Bug Bomber had the same game principle, but it supported 4 players and was also much better graphically. However, Bomb Squad was also a good thing. 8 out of 10.
- If "FX" is set in the title screen (with key F7), the game will crash after the build-up of the labyrinth. This applies to the original and crack versions except the version by "Amnesia" (to be found on C64Games.de).
In this game there is no highscore possible.